Monday, December 14, 2009

On the first day of Christmas...

...I am grateful for,

  1. Our attached garage. I never really know how cold it is until I reach my destination...this of course is a blessing and a curse.
  2. Our nice warm reliable van that we park in our attached garage.
  3. Our nice warm house that our garage is attached to. On days like we've had lately, there is nothing nicer than the the protection and warmth that a house provides.
  4. The bountiful storage space that our attached garage provides.
  5. The smell of our fresh Christmas tree that make memories surface and helps create new ones.
  6. The smell of nuts and bolts that lingers in the air today after a day of baking them.
  7. My large family that all pitches in their share of ingredients so that we I can make a large batch of nuts and bolts and then we all have plenty to enjoy over the Christmas holidays.
  8. Great-grandparents that made my daughters day today by sending her a letter(with a little money in it) thanking her for the letter she sent them with some "gold" in it that she found while panning for gold at Fort Steele.
  9. My husband finally taking the table and chairs back to the church.
  10. The dishwasher that will be loaded after I am done typing this...which means that I don't have to do the dishes by hand.
  11. The talent of being able to sew marvelous things. I love the satisfaction I get from creating beautiful clothing or crafts. And I love sharing them with others.
  12. Finally having my sewing machine back from the sewing machine fix it place, so now I can go sew...after I am done loading the dishwasher of course.

Ooooh...that was fun! I look forward to doing that again tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. [this is good] Lovely. Great idea to do these posts of gratitude. Warm spaces are among  my most cherished posessions.   ;)  I love this time of year.

     

    ReplyDelete