Thursday, December 24, 2009

On the eleventh day of Christmas...

...I am thankful for,
  1. Family, in every form that it comes in. And for time spent with family.
  2. Parents who love me and who molded me in my early years and put me on the path to becoming the woman that I am today.
  3. My dad, who took me on a daddy daughter lunch date when I was probably only 9 or 10. Who knew when I needed council and would take those quiet moments to teach me life lessons, even if it took me a while to realize how valuable his council was. Who treats my husband as his own son. Who loves me.
  4. My mom, who one time didn't yell at me when I accidentally broke one of her glass pans, she simply said "these things happen", I have always tried to react that way in similar situations. Who once gave me a large mirror with a note on it that told me how beautiful I was and in so many different ways...how did she know I was having a rough time? Who has always been a great example of what a mom should be. Who loves me.
  5. Siblings, one sister and six brothers, who are more that just blood relative...we are best friends, all of us. There is no better thing that when we can all get together to eat, talk and mostly laugh.
  6. My mother-in-law, who is an incredible example of strength and determination. A women who raised 5 boys on her own and sent them all on missions. Who raised my husband to be that man that I love, and have loved for longer that I am usually willing to admit.
  7. My in-laws, in all their varieties. My siblings have all chosen spouses that I adore and who fit right in to our family. My husbands brothers and their wives are also all fabulous and we always have so much fun together.
  8. My  Grandparents, both Paxman and Forsyth, who were and have always been wonderful examples of hard work and dedication both in life and to each other. And for all the memories created at their farms.  Grandpa Forsyth sings this song called "The Richest Man in the World", if you know the song it sums up everything my grandparents are.
  9. My oldest daughter Kathryn. She has such a kind heart and is always concerned about making others happy. She is a fixer, and if someone is sad or upset or feeling left out, she will do all that she can to fix it.
  10. My Tansley. She is a determined little girl. She is a great big sister and plays really well with her little sister. She is creative and smart and has the most beautiful smile.
  11. My little munchkin, Kymberly. She makes me laugh, all of the time. She is the cutest little thing ever. She is so clever and she can say the funniest things. She loves her big sisters and wants to be everything that they are.
  12. My husband, who is a wonderful father and husband. Who spoils me with wonderful surprises in to many ways to begin listing here. Who has been my best friend for much longer than we have been an "Item". Who simply loves me because I am me. And because he is exactly what I need.

Past Days of Christmas
1st day, 2nd day, 3rd day, 4th day, 5th day, 6th day, 7th day, 8th day, 9th day, 10th day

No comments:

Post a Comment