Today's Puzzle piece
Scripture: "And this shall ye always observe to ado, even as I have done, even as I have broken bread and blessed it and given it unto you. And this shall ye do in aremembrance of my bbody, which I have shown unto you. And it shall be a testimony unto the Father that ye do always remember me. And if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you."3 Nephi 18-6-7
Activity: Jesus asked His followers to always remember Him, especially when partaking of the sacrament. Write in your journal how you feel about the Savior.
What an appropriate activity for the Sabbath day. I encouraged my children to try to think about the Savior during sacrament meeting. I tried to focus for fully on Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice. It is hard to do just that with four children of my own, not to mention the few others that sit near by, that distract ones attention.
I'm not sure exactly how to write this with out using all of the regular somewhat cliche phrases that we all tend to use from time to time....
I know that my Savior lives. That was the theme in Primary this year. We tried to convey to the children week after week the reality of the Savior and just what that means to them and how their lives can be greatly blessed by this knowledge. Even our school's Christmas concert touched on this subject. The question was asked "So what's the big deal over this baby born in a stable anyways?" The answer came in a song with a message about how because of Jesus Christ all mankind will be saved. We will return to live with Him and have eternal life. Jesus showed us how to live, how to love, how to have faith. With out the knowledge of Jesus Christ and that He is indeed my Savior, I am certain my life would be quiet different. I could not say for sure how, because this blessing has always been a part of my life, it is all I know. Would I seek comfort from his loving arms in my times of need? Would I recognize that those little thoughts and coincidences are His way of showing His love for me? Would I have the same inner peace that I feel now, knowing that I can seek forgiveness and that I can do better with His loving guidance?
I love my Savior. My desire for this coming year, is to try always to seek to show Him that love through ALL of the things that I do and say. That I will be more mindful of those promptings to reach out to those around me to share His love with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment