Alright, well I haven't been very good at blogging about each day of our Advent puzzle. We've been doing it every morning together, but life is busy during the day with kids, exercise, baking, cresting jerseys, doing fun Christmas crafts and such that I just plain forget to sit down and do a little blog post. It was a grand idea, with definate potential...but I guess it just ain't gonna happen...at least not every day.
But let me tell you about the last one.
Scripture: Matthew 6:3-4
Activity: Jesus Christ taught that we should quietly help other people. Write a kind note for someone in your family and hide it for her to find.
Last night I got out a couple of Christmas cards and wrote a little note in each of them, one for Tansley and one for Kathryn, telling them how proud I was of them and what great big sisters they were and how special they are. I then put the cards in their lunch bags for them to find today at school. I had to stop by the school to get something this morning, and Tansley saw me, she ran over to me with a big smile on her face and said "thank you mommy for the card in my lunch today." She can't read, but I knew that if I wrote her name on the envelope in big letters she would know it was for her and get her teacher to read it to her. I got all teary eyed as I left the school. Mission accomplished, she felt special and knew that her mom thought she was special too, I could see it in her eyes.
I need to remember to do those kind of things more often. I remember doing it for one of my little brothers way back when. He was having a rough go at school(mostly self inflicted I believe). He was grumpy a lot for one reason or another. I must have had a lesson in primary of Family Home Evening or something, or maybe I just thought it up on my own, I honestly don't remember why I decided to start doing it. Ever once in awhile I would write a kind note and stick it under his pillow for him to find. He never said anything about it to me, but some how my mom found out because she commented on it. I don't remember what effect it had on him, if any at all, but I can still remember how it made me feel.
Yeah, I think I should do it more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment