Day 4
Scripture: "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—
That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God."Doctrine and Covenants 76: 22-24Activity: Even though Jesus was born two thousand years ago, He has appeared to prophets of this dispensation. As a family, read and discuss today's assigned scripture.
Oh we had such a nice discussion about testimonies!We first discussed what a testimony was. I then asked them who had given the "many testimonies". Tansley had the right answer with prophets. So I asked them if they could think of any Bible or Book of Mormon prophets that had given their testimony of Christ. In primary we have been talking a lot about Samuel the lamenite, so that was the first answer. And then Abinidi, and Nephi, and Daniel. I asked them if they thought that they needed to see Jesus to have a testimony that he was real. They knew that you didn't. We talked about how some people think that you need to see something to believe it. Yes, Joseph Smith saw Jesus. But we have never seen Jesus face to face. I asked them if they knew Jesus was real. They both said that they did. So I asked them how they knew. They were kinda stumped...they just knew. So then we talked about the Holy Ghost and Faith.
It was such a nice discussion. I wish I would have had time to write about it right after so that I could share more of the details.What I got out of it? Well as I went to bed, I had a distinct prompting that today in Fast and Testimony meeting, I needed to stand and bare my Testimony of Jesus Christ. They need to see me do that more often so that they too one day will have the courage to stand and bare their testimony.
Day 5
Scripture: "Yea, repent and be baptized, every one of you, for a remission of your sins; yea, be baptized even by water, and then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost.
Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and remember that they shall have faith in me or they can in nowise be saved;"
Doctrine and Covenants 33:11-12Activity: Jesus taught the principles of His gospel. Memorize and recite the fourth Article of Faith.
Today we just went over the 4th Article of Faith. Kathryn could recall bits and pieces of it. I think we'll work on it through out the week and hopefully by next Sunday Kathryn and Tansley will have it memorized.Until then, I have very little to write about.
No comments:
Post a Comment