Today I ran my first real 5K road race. IT WAS AWESOME! Kathryn and Tansley, ran with me. They stayed ahead of me the whole time. Tansley had a strategy. She would run out ahead of me and when she got tired she would walk until I caught up to her. Kathryn's strategy was to simply beat Tansley. In everyone of our practice runs Tansley always finished first. This time Kathryn wanted to be first. I kept up my usual pace, but I at the half way mark I knew I was faster than usual. I ran the whole thing. I was running beside another lady right at the end, and it was great to have someone to run against. It made me really pick up my pace and push through to the end. As a result I finished the race 3 minutes faster than I have ever done it. At the finish line there was my handsome hubby and the two youngest kiddies. He had a bouquet of flowers and a chocolate bar for me! The whole things was amazing.
Our times were
Kathryn 37:51 Silver(10yr and under)
Tansley 38:05 Bronze(10yr and under)
Me 38:29(5th out of 6 ages 30-37)
No comments:
Post a Comment