Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Birthday

I started my birthday with a morning jog. I decided to take it easy, seeing as it was my birthday, so I only ran 1 mile instead of my usual 3. I ran it straight, with out stopping. It took me 12 minutes. That was a first for me. It wasn't super fast, but it was more than I could have done a couple of months ago.

When I got home Kathryn and the girls were making breakfast for me, I wasn't allowed to look so I went straight for the shower. When I got out and dressed, I was presented with this
 Then Kymberly and Tansley gave me my birthday presents. They were so sweet. the week before when we had been in Lethbridge they asked if they could go to the dollar store to spend the money they had made selling lemonade. When we got there Kathryn asked if she could just take Tansley and Kymberly inside so that they could buy me some birthday presents. So James and I waited outside the doors while they went in and bought me gifts.

Tansley chose a pretty heart necklace
Kymberly chose a pretty welcome sign to put in the garden
 We then headed off to Lethbridge to spend the day at grandma and grandpa Forsyth's. After Lunch Kathryn presented me with the birthday cake she had made me and with her gift, a beautiful shadow box frame with roses in a vase.
My Birthday cake

Blowing out candles

Later in the afternoon and went out with my dear friend Leah Sheer. I hadn't seen her since Kymberly was a baby. We went and had a pedicure and then we headed to the Cheesecake Cafe for supper and of course cheesecake. We had such great evening. It was nice to be able to have so much time to visit, and it is always like we've never been apart(except for the fact that we have so much to talk about).

At the end of the day it was simply a wonderful birthday.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a terrific day for a terrific mommy! :D

    ReplyDelete