Thursday, July 28, 2011

More Camping fun

Every year the Paxman clan(my mom's side of the family) descends on Waterton for one day. Some of them camp for the week, others just show up for the day and we have a big potluck dinner and enjoy plenty of visiting. Every year we go up for the day, and every year I wish that we had more time to visit and play. So this year I decided to take the kids and camp in Waterton with my mom and dad for a few days. I headed up Monday afternoon, it looked like it was going to be a rainy week. But much to our surprise the sun came out that afternoon and we spent a fabulous time at the lake with some of our Forsyth cousins.
 That night right when I was getting kids to bed in the tent it started to rain hard. When the rain stopped, I opened the door to the tent I realized that it hadn't just been rain, it had hailed too. Lucky for us we were camped beside a camp kitchen so we played games in out of the rain until it was much to late.
 On Tuesday it was kinda cloudy and threatening to rain. We hiked around Red Rock Canyon and had a picnic. We were even so luck as to see a bear on the side of the road and get some pretty good pictures from the safety of our van.

 Wednesday morning I took Kathryn and Tansley to hike up bears hump. There was a whole group of us Paxman's that were on the trail. I think by the time we all reached the top there must have been at least 30 of us. On the way down it's possible that there was at least one Paxman on every switchback of the trail from top to bottom.
What fun we all had!
I have to put a huge shout out to a few people for making our camping trip with out Daniel so much easier.
Thank you Maren for helping me set up our tent with out even having been asked, you just saw a need and you were there with a helping hand.
Thank you Josie for being a fabulous big cousin and helping keep my younger kids happy, taking them for walks and playing with them.
Thanks sis, for letting me use your two fabulous girls.
Thanks mom and dad for letting me and my kids eat dinner with you each night, that was one less thing that I had to worry about and it was great!

We'll be doing that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment