Friday, March 4, 2011

What's in my bag?...everything!

OK, My SIL tagged me in her post. And this looked like fun. But be warned...you might be here awhile as I show you pictures of everything that was in my bag...except the little pieces of garbage. If nothing else it gave me a chance to clean out my bag.

OK, so here is the bag I am carrying...I mean lugging around right now.
It is big! But I was tired of carrying around a purse, a diaper bag, and a church bag. So I went on the search for a great big bag with lots of compartments to keep my three bags separate and organized...but altogether at the same time. Right now I love this bag. I can carry everything, and find it all too. There is so much room that I can add extra things, but I have to be careful because if I keep adding and forget to take things out it can get REALLY heavy.


Lets start with the front pocket.
 OK, I have a note book that my mom gave me for my birthday. I use for writing down random information that I am bound to forget, like a phone number or address. There is a pen, some bandaids that shouldn't be there, they should be in a different spot, a tissue cozie with tissues, a script to a readers theater I'll be doing for the RS party in March, and my wallet. I LOVE my wallet. It holds everything and remains nice and slim. and it's totally sparkly. I can just pull this out of my bag to take into a store. Did I mention that I LOVE it?



Next is my Purse section
 I have Kathryn's wallet that I made her, a compact dollar store mirror, Two things of tictacs, cough drops from when I had a wicked cold, 4 packages of gum in varying flavours, two containers of fruity icebreakers, a few random mints(you'd think I had a fear of having bad breath, but really most of it is to keep my kids happy when on the road...not that I don't like to have fresh breath), my perscription sunglasses that I bought from Zennioptical.com (for $25), an unopened nail file, and one of my snack bags that I am using as my mini emergency kit. right now it just has bandaids and polysporn.
In my purse section I have a little pocket that has some hand sanitizer in three varieties, dental floss, Rolaids, Tylenol and two paint chip cards so that if I ever one day see some fabric to make a valence for my living room, I'll be able to check to see if it will match the walls.

The middle section is my general need-to-get-to-it-quick section.
 A Random assortment of baby toys to keep the boy happy where ever we might be.
Three crayons and a pen for kids to draw with at church. Three empty snack bags, a baby spoon(that should be in the diaper bag section). A mini photo book of girls, this is great for keeping younger children happy when grocery shopping. A measuring tape, for measuring things OR for keeping young children entertained while grocery shopping. A kid can pull out the tape and push the button to make it retract over and over and over again...or until it whips them in the face and makes them cry. A Book of Mormon adventures magnetic play set to keep kids happy at church(unless they are fighting over it). An Oilers tuque and mittens for keeping the boy warm, and unfortunately they will stay in the bag for awhile yet...winter doesn't seem to want to go away. OH and I almost missed it, up at the top just above the snackbag by the crayons is Kymberly's bling-bling ring.

The back section is my diaper bag section.
We are in Lethbridge a fair amount, and I hate it when I forget to bring formula or baby food, so I just keep it in my bag. The little container with the green lid has baby snacks, the bigger one has baby cereal. The container with the blue lid is formula. Just below those is a onsie and sleepers. Of course I have a couple of diapers, change pad, wipes and vaseline. There is also a soother cover, but no soother to be found. Up at the top is my Take-it high chair. I created this after seeing one like it on the internet. Here you can see one that I made in action.

On the very back of my bag is another little pocket.
One lone fruit snack, an extra soother and some baby lotion.

And that is what is in my bag. I have to say, I look forward to being able to carry around a smaller bag again. But for now, this one works great, even if it does weigh a tonne.

What's in your bag? Do you wanna share?

1 comment: