![]() |
| My |
Kymberly is my cautious child. She’s not a fan of new things. However once she tries them, she is usually OK. But usually she is content to just watch. At the age of about 10 months she developed a fear of heights. When I would put her up on the change table to change her diaper she would go stiff as a board, grip the sides and scream, making if absolutely impossible to change her diaper. As a result, I started just changing her on the floor.
Kymberly has a set of lungs that allow her to be heard from miles away. This kid is LOUD! Whether she is squealing with delight or out of anger you are sure to hear her.
| The funniest part about this photo is that she is naked under there. |
From a very early age, she loved to do things to get a reaction out of people. This kid has a natural gift of humor. Even before she could talk she could make you laugh and she always knew exactly what she was doing.
Kymberly is a homebody. No matter where we are, or what is going on, she will always end up by my side. She will go off and play with other kids for awhile, but before long she becomes my shadow again. She doesn’t necessarily need my attention, she just likes to stick close, even when we are just at home. If I am down stairs sewing for instance, you can find her sitting behind me with two random objects keeping herself busy.
Kymberly(not Kym, just KYM-BER-LY, and she'll be sure to correct you if you forget) changes her name frequently. She has gone by Princess Potty, Super Girl,Ski Girl, Rockstar, Kung Fu Girl, and Tinkerbell. She went through a stage where you couldn't just call her Kymberly, you had to use her middle name too. However Monkey, Cutie pa-tootie, silly gallute and other such names are not acceptable. I can usually still get away with Munchkin.
Kymberly is a copy cat. She wants to do and tries to do everything her big sisters do, as long as it doesn’t involve heights. I really believe that she sees herself as an equal to her sisters, like she is the same age. She often talks down to kids her own age, like they are babies.
Kymberly needs to be reasoned with. By this I mean that if you give her all of the facts she is likely to do whatever it is that needs to be done. For instance, when she was almost two we were leaving the church, it was cold out side and I wanted her to put her jacket on. She told me flat out "NO". I knelt down beside her and told her that I needed her to put her jacket on because it was cold outside and if she didn't put it on she would get cold. She simply said "OK" and let me put her jacket on her. She is also easily distracted. If she is throwing a tantrum over something, like a toy she wants that someone else has you simply have to take her mind off that particular toy by presenting an equally attractive or entertaining item to play with. This worked about 99% of the time when she was really little. That stat might be down a bit (85%) now that she is older.
This kid cracks me up. It is hard to find a picture of her just simply smiling at the camera. She always has to be doing something silly. I love her to bits and can’t wait to see what the coming years bring.


No comments:
Post a Comment