Yesterday we had a nice warm(2C) morning with no wind. I decided to attempt to clear off the snow on our driveway that I had been avoiding during the much colder and windier days of the past few weeks. It was well packed, but it broke up pretty easily into these nice big chunks. This gave Tansley an idea. She started to build a snow fort by stacking them. Once I had the driveway clear she had plenty of chunks to make her fort and Kymberly and I aided her in her efforts.
The kids threw a few chunks at me. I took a few pictures. And then we went inside for some Snowman soup. The fun was had in the making of the fort, not so much in the playing with it once it was completed. Kymberly has since asked why we only have one side to our fort. A good question. What kind of protection does one wall give anyway?
A day later and our fortress is reduced to this.
It won't take too long for it to all melt away IF the weatherman's predictions are correct.
That is a very cool picture. You can see the snowball flying through the air.
ReplyDeleteI know two boys would have thought they had died and gone to heaven to have such a fort.
I really hope that the weatherman is correct in saying it will warm up...it is back to snowing again here. Crappy!
ReplyDelete