The other day on
One Pretty Thing I came across this fun
cake tutorial. I knew I had to try it out. I originally thought that I'd make it for Kathryn's birthday that is coming up later this month. But I just couldn't wait. So on Saturday when my canning peaches plan came to a halt because the peaches weren't all ripe enough, I decided that I'd use that time to make a cake for my new baby niece.
 |
| The finished cake |
 |
| The cake from the tutorial |
 |
| My unbaked cakes...not nearly as pretty. |
 |
| The inside of the cake from the tutorial |
 |
| The inside of my cake...not quite the same, but still pretty. |
I made it a truly neapolitan cake...well kinda. The white cake is obviously vanilla, the brownish-black is chocolate and the pink is raspberry.I was excited to use the raspberry flavour that I had bought on a whim at the bulk barn, thinking that it would be fun to use sometime. It was a big hit at the family dinner on Sunday and everybody was super impressed. Somebody suggested that it would be fun to do one for Christmas with peppermint icing. I'm totally going to do it....in fact I can see a lot of this kind of cake being made for any and possibly every occasion. It was super easy to do and it just looks so COOL. And maybe one day I'll get mine to look as neat as the one from the tutorial.
I may be on a roll in the cool and fun cake department. Remember
Kymberly's, or how about
Tansley's, or
James' was pretty fun and tasty too.
Great job! I actually like the way it is different from mine. Makes it more interesting. Glad you liked the tutorial!
ReplyDelete