OK, so the rest of this is written to my boy, and for my boy....
Baby boy, when we found out that we were going to have you, we were told that you would join us somewhere around June 12th. As time went on, our doctor seemed to question this date and sent me for another ultrasound. At that time we thought that I was about 28 weeks along. After our Doctor reviewed the ultra sound report he moved your due date up by 3 weeks(May 24th). In a matter of minutes I had gone from 28 weeks to nearly 31 weeks, shaving nearly a months off. At both of our ultrasound appointments your dad and I thought we had seen things that would indicate that you were a boy. But we didn't actually want to know. Dad didn't want to risk being told that you were going to be a boy, and then being disappointed if you some how ended up being a girl, and besides, we like the surprise. I was pretty convinced from what I saw that you were a boy, but I dared not speak the words in case I jinxed it.
You did not come into the world on May 24th, but because your sister before you was 10lbs 13oz, our doctor took pity on me and had me induced on the 26th. You were anxious to join us and did not keep us waiting long. You came into the world at 9lbs 9oz. It was a good thing we didn't wait until June 12...you would have been really huge!
| Oh, your poor purple face!...But daddy is so Proud! |
You are so precious. I just want to hug and kiss you all of the time. I can't believe that it has been a year already. You are still my baby boy....and probably always will be. You may be the size of a two year old these days, but you are just my little baby boy. Please don't grow up too fast....but if you do, at least I know we'll have fun together. You make me smile everyday! I am one lucky mommy.

Holy smokes! I can't believe it has been a year already! He is getting so big!
ReplyDelete