Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Michelle would be so proud of me.

So while I was in Spokane, I thought I'd take the opportunity to visit a makeup store that my SIL suggested I visit. She has inspired me to want to know and do more with my makeup collection...which is very limited. So I looked up the closest Sephora store. It was located in a mall that was not within walking distance from our hotel so we made a special trip just so that I could check some make up. Originally I was going to just buy the Urban Decay primer potion. But after looking around...and Kathryn getting bored of me looking around and wanting to go do something else. I finally decided on a eyeshadow set from Lorac with six shades that I knew I could work with and it came with it's own primer and brush. The lady that was helping me assured me that the primer was a really good primer. It wasn't Urban Decay, but still she felt that it was good product. I had to trust her, because I was totally out of my league. I also bought a basic black eyeliner from Urban Decay, that is so smooth and creamy. It's a dream. I spent more money on those two items than I have spent on makeup in total in the past year...maybe two. I tried out the purpley shades the very next day and loved it. I was so pleased with how well it lasted through out the day, and was immediately glad that I had made the purchase.
The colours are actually nothing like this picture shows. They are gorgeous.
After wondering the mall a while I came across a fun store called Icing, it has jewelry an other fun stuff, it also had it's own line of make up. I knew that it wasn't going to be the same quality as the set I had just purchased, but it was on sale for 50% off, making it $10. It too came with it's own eyeshadow base and two eyeliners(which I don't like. they are hard and don't go on very easily). I bought the set because it was an economical way for me to play with colours that I've never played with. This picture doesn't show the colour very well at all. They look a lot brighter than they really are. I tried out the green and brown and loved it. I used the primer that came with it and was also pleased with how well it lasted through out the day. I'm apparently smarter than I thought I was at this whole makeup thing because both times I had success and really liked the look. I think that I'll be set for awhile. On average I really only put makeup on once a week when I go to church and every once in awhile another opportunity presents itself. I may have to start putting makeup on just because so that I can try out all of the new colours I have and figure out what I like and what doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment