It was such a nice spring day, and the girls had been helping me all morning get the house tidied so I told them that we would have a wiener roast. A few days ago I had told one of the girls who babysits for me(We shall call her Amy, because after all, that is her name), that if we had a wiener roast this weekend I'd let her know so she could come over. So I sent her a message on Facebook to tell her we would be having a fire at about 1:30pm and to come on over. My girls were excited that she would be coming over, because they LOVE her.
As I was gathering stuff up outside I saw a couple of the McClung girls, Bailey and Kennedy(there are three in total. This is a long story. Here is the guts of it. My sister knows them from when they are in Barnwell with their dad every other weekend. They attend church with their dad, I have been working on trying to get them and their mom to come to church. They are super sweet girls. Oh and they were the family that we did the 12 days of Christmas for.) I have used Bailey as a babysitter a few times and my girls LOVE her. Kathryn was walking over to me and I said "hey, why don't you go over and ask the McClung girls if they would like to come over for a wiener roast?" Kathryn said "I was just going to ask you if I could invite them over." So Kathryn and Tansley went over to invite them over. They had some cousins(Sammy and Miles) visiting and Kathryn was quick to tell them that I wouldn't mind if they came too. Which was completely true.So they all came over. What a great time we had. We roasted wieners and made smores. The kids rode bikes.
Tansley figured out how to ride a two wheeler! Kymberly figured out how to ride her two wheeler with training wheels. After awhile Amy suggested that we do a scavenger hunt. So I put together a list and sent two teams off looking for random items.
After that the kids said they wanted to go up to the park. I had just put James down for a nap, but Bailey said she'd take them up to the park. I planned to join them when James woke up from his nap. Amy stayed back with me and I started cleaning up. When I went inside with a load of food, James was screaming. When I opened the door to his room, I could immediately smell the problem. After changing his diaper. I decided that I would just put him in his stroller and he could have a nap there if he was tired.I didn't want to miss any of the fun at the park.After we were done playing at the park Kymberly announced that she wanted to go to Bailey's house to play. Bailey said that was OK, so we all headed back down the hill. We stopped at Bailey's grandma's house because Kymberly needed a drink(because it is a REALLY long way back to our house...or not at all). While we were stopped I finally had the opportunity to officially meet Bailey's mom. I have talked to her on the phone a few times, but hadn't actually talked to her face to face. We had a really great chat.
The kids continued on down the hill to Bailey's house, James included because Bailey want to push him in his stroller. I stayed and chatted for a bit and then headed off to make sure that James wasn't being a rascal(not that that happens very often). When I got to Bailey's house, she had laid him down for a nap on her bed because he had fallen asleep in the stroller. Kymberly was in heaven playing with a whole new set of girly toys. The kids were all doing great so Bailey said it would be OK if I headed back home and she'd bring them back in an hour. Amy and I headed back to my place and I got some yard work done while I was kid free.
Our fun filled spring day came to an end at about 6:30 when Bailey brought the kids back home and it was time to go in and have dinner.





Wow! That sounds like a terrific day! And you definitely are the coolest house on the block. Wish I lived closer, I'd be first in line for a smore :D
ReplyDeleteWow!! Sounds like a wonderful day. What a great place you live in. And what a great mom for being so open to what ever happens! You rock :)
ReplyDelete