My husband has been creating some seriously beautiful music since acquiring an electric piano. The other night I was feeling worn out, run down and dead tired. I would have just gone to bed and curled up under the covers, but I still had to get two jersey's crested before I could do that. I sat down at my sewing machine and eventually forced myself to do what needed to be done. I simply felt grumpy, miserable, and down right contentious. Daniel came down and sat at his new toy and began to play. The more he played, the more my sour mood melted away. In fact I felt like crying, not tears of joy or sadness, simply tears to purge all the negativity that I had been feeling. He's been playing with some of the features and has figured out how to layer two sounds. This has resulted in some very moving music. One of my favorite is Lane's theme from the movie "8 seconds".
I have always loved to hear him play this piece on a regular piano. But when he played it with the layered strings the other night it was phenomenal. I believe Kymberly said it best just moments ago when she came running from another room and said "Mom, what's that beautiful music" I told her it was dad playing the new piano and asked her if she liked it. She answered "yes, It just made me happy."
How I love my talented, piano playing husband. I am one lucky girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment