Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1 down, 4 to go

My best friend, my true love, my one and only, my confident, my lover, left this morning to go to Hinton, AB for Basketball Provincials. He is the assistant coach of the Winston Churchill Bulldog Basketball team, and they are the Zone Champions. He was completely overwhelmed by it all. Something his team was never able to accomplish when he himself played for the Bulldogs 15 years ago. Originally we agreed that he wasn't going to coach this year, but at the beginning of the season I told him that I would be OK with him coaching one more season. He thought I was crazy, but wasn't going to turn down the opportunity. I am SOOOOO glad that he did. But now I sit here, missing him like crazy. It's only been 16 hours since he left. On a normal night during basketball season he would just be walking in the door right now. But I ache for him right now. Is it because I know that he wont be home until late Sunday night? Maybe it is because I am watching American Idol(because there is nothing else and I don't yet feel like going to bed) and Brad Paisley just sang a sappy song called 'Then' and it made me miss him even more than I already did. Whatever it is, I miss him so much I can feel it in my gut. I just want to hold him, smell him, put my cold feet on his increadably warm back. Yeah, I love that man....who will keep my feet warm tonight? I guess that job will be left for the cats...they don't do to shabby of a job, but it's not the same as my man's warm back. He is the best thing in my life, because of him, I have the other best things, our girls. My life would be a complete mess with out him. I continualy wonder how I actually ended up with him. I had a crush on him for a long time, more than a crush. I remember one day in High School, the thought popped into my head that I would marry that boy. I laughed at it, but never forgot it. There were times that I thought it would never happen, like the time he told me that he thought he wanted to marry me, but wasn't ready to date me. I watched him date others, I stood by as the best friend. There was always something different about "US" before we were ever "US". He was always my friend. He was always someone I could go to with everything and anything. Even when he was on his mission, he had a way of writing just the right thing with out knowing. He makes me giddy and silly. He is my everything. Wow, life is so good. I have got to be one of the luckiest girls in the world.

1 comment:

  1. You ARE a lucky girl :) 
    I'm glad you married my best friend too!  (lol)
    I remember sitting in my car as we waited for Court to run in and get a slurpee once and you were all, "Yeah, like I care if he dates other girls ... It's no big deal if he goes to Newfoundland ..."  I was laughing so hard on the inside at you.  It was pretty obvious to me, that he was your all and everything - even before you got to "claim him". 

    ReplyDelete