Friday, March 13, 2009

Who are those abnoxious children and why doesn't that mother keep them under control?

Oh that was me tonight. Kathryn's school hosted the Missoula Children's Theatre tonight. The children have been working on it all week. Tonight they presented the play "The Amazing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe". Daniel has basketball zones tonight, so it was just me and the girls. We went early so that we could sit close to the front so that Tansley would be able to see. There is nothing worse than having a kid complain the entire play because they can't see over the people in front of them...check that, there is something worse. Try two squawking, screaming, crying children. A three year old who keeps telling you NO when you ask her to sit still, or just wait a minute. A nineteen month old who likes to hear the sound of her voice when she screams and thinks it's a game when you cover her mouth. Then you have the younger one throw herself on the floor in a tantrum just because she can. The 3 year old can't sit still and nearly tips the chair over backwards. Nothing works to calm them. I try treats, letting them help to take pictures, etc. It's no use. I contine to get looks from all around. I take them to the side and finally out of the gym. Thankfully the school principle came to my aid and took them out in the hall so that I could watch Kathryn when she came on stage. I spent the rest of the play standing at the back door to the gym while my abnoxious children ran the halls.
Yep that's me, the single mom who doesn't know how to keep her out of control children in control.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, we single mothers have to do what we have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahahahaha! So been there.

    ReplyDelete