Friday, March 20, 2009

The Google Translator is terrible

I just came across this fabulous french site that has some really really great kids games and crafts. My favorite so far are the travel games. I can't wait to go on a road trip so that I can put these to use. But what is making me laugh, and at times to the point of nearly peeing my pants is the google translation to English.
Here is one of my favorites. The french sentence is this "Un mobile à réaliser par un adulte, avec des animaux à
colorier et à découper par les enfants". The google traslation to English is this "A mobile to be made by an adult, with animal coloring and cutting children."
How about this one... French "Fleurs à imprimer Une série de fleurs à monter et à piquer dans vos pots de terre ou vos vases pour les décorer. English "Flowers to print a series of flowers up and bite you in pots of soil or your vases to decorate."
Anyways, if you are in need of a new idea, or maybe just a laugh, you should check out this site.

2 comments:

  1. I use the translator on dictionary.com and it's about as silly.  The problem is the difference between "proper" and "main stream" french.  Computers can't tell what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know, but it is still incredibly funny. Nothing like reading the literal translation.

    ReplyDelete