Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This is what I wanted to hear.

I have received so many e-mails, so many messages/group invitations on facebook, and all of it just causes feelings of disgust and confusion. I'm talking about the controversy over the "Big Love" show. Apparently the show plans to air what "really" happens inside the Temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The thought of it makes me furious inside, that anyone has that much disregard for things that others hold sacred. Weather it is our religion or any other, things that are sacred to that group should be treated with respect, by those of that belief and those who are not of that belief. It is common courtesy. Our mommy's taught us that when we were all young. But almost equally disturbing were all of the negative emails and such that I have received and seen on facebook, all suggesting that we need to take a stand against HBO, threaten to cancel subscriptions and other such things. Yes, we need to stand for truth at righteousness. But to what extent? What is the right way to go about this? This morning on my google reader, I noticed this headline "Church Statement on "Big Love"", on the lds.org website feed. It was exactly what I was looking for. It answered all of my concerns. Now I know what I need to do. It might be different for you, but you'll get your answer if you read the Church's stand on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment