So like somehow this last week doesn't exist in my brain. We went on 2 exchanges with some other sisters back to back and have another exchange tomorrow.
I love exchanges. I always learn so much from the way other missionaries do missionary work. It's so cool to watch the different ways the lord accomplishes His work through his young servants.
Here's a cute little story that warmed my heart this week. We have an elevator buddy. We often see a dad and his young daughter in the morning on the elevator. The first time we met them it was a very special day because it was the first day that the daughter (whose name I cannot remember, and I fel terrible for that) was allowed to walk home from school by her self. So we we were hyping her up. And then the dad looked at her and said, "one day you're going to grow up and be just like these lively young ladies." Stop. My heart smiled so big.
Since then we have seen them in the elevator a few times. But nowhere else. Well yesterday, we're in the elevator and we see the dad without his daughter because she has already gone to school for the day. He told us about her Halloween costume and how she'd hoped that she would see us in the elevator so she could show us. I was so sad that we'd missed her. He then thanked us for being such a positive influence on his daughter and that he really appreciated our friendship🥹. How special that is!
I have spent maybe a cumulative 10 minutes talking to them in the last 1.5 transfers. I didn't think anything of our elevator rides together. But the light if Christ is real and it's bright. People see it, and recognize it and are drawn to it. I quickly got his unit number so we could drop by later with a fun Halloween treat! They weren't home when we went by but I can't wait to see our elevator buddy again! My heart is so smiley and filled with so much love for them.
You have a light, let it shine, share it with others. I promise it goes a long way.
Love yall many bunches! Go give them Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
Weekly fridge phrases!
♡God can't lie and God can't force -brother Sander
♡have patient confidence -pmg
♡my savior's kindness is everlasting -sister Nelson
♡we give God so much practice to forgive -Hermana Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment