Sooooo to break up the extra long week, my mission president made today a half pday. We will find out transfer news on Wednesday and then we will have another full pday on Thursday right before transfers on Friday. In theory I could just write one weekly and nobody would know the difference. But I am a bit of a perfectionist, and maybe have a little OCD and I cant just miss a pday....so here we are, you're gonna get 2 emails this week! Lucky you!
Friend update!
Rhenzie is preparing for baptism! We had our first lesson with her and it was just Jesus magic! She is so amazing! We gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and she held it with tears in her eyes and said, "I can't believe I have this book, I thought I'd never have one again." Everything at the church enthralled her because it all reminded her of when she was going to this church as a kid/ youth in the Philippines. She saw a picture of Joseph Smiths first vision and told us that was the first picture the missionaries ever showed her and she would never forget the day the missionaries taught her how to pray like Joseph Smith. Oh how I love her.
Our miracle friend Ray has seemed to have blocked our phone number but we called him with another number and set up an appointment for this week to teach him so we'll see how that goes.... stay tuned :)
On another note...
I think it's so important that we share our testimonies with others. Especially with our close friends and family.
My mission president made up a statistic that "a missionary who bears their testimony to someone they are teaching will experience their testimony increase by 10%. A missionary who bears their testimony to other missionaries will experience their testimony increase by 40%." And I'm inclined to believe him.
This past week we had zone conference. The focus was overcoming the adversary and becoming more unified. Many missionaries, including myself were able to share their testimonies with one another. The spirit filled the room, and filled our hearts. The meeting was living, breathing and speaking the spirit. And I felt my testimony grow as I shared what I knew to be true about my Brother Jesus. My heart grew so many sizes as I listened to and felt the testimonies of these missionaries serve with. They are amazing!
I invite you to share your testimony--what you know to be true, what you believe to be true, what you hope to be true--about your Brother Jesus with your family and close friends. When you learn and share truth by the power of the holy ghost, He carries it into our hearts. ♡♡♡
I love yall many bunches! Go give your friends and family heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
Weekly fridge phrases!!!
♡everything I do (I do it for jesus)
♡Jesus christ puts himself in the hole for you, everytime! -sister Rasmussen
♡we can be extraordinary people, OR we cab be extraordinary disciples -elder Laurie
♡choose to let Him stay -elder fredricks
No comments:
Post a Comment