Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Nov 22: Welcome to the Weekly Season 9 Ep. 1 A Funny Work for Jesus

Hello! Hello!

Its a new transfer!

I've been reflecting on the last two transfers that I've been in the Toronto ysa ward. I love this work, the members have become some of my bestest friends. I have been blessed to work with so many people who are preparing to go on missions. On multiple occasions we have been the first people that the members tell when they have a secret or news about going on a mission. It's the coolest full circle moment. It doesn't feel like that long ago that I was the ysa with a secret about going on a mission and was running to the sister missionaries in my ward to tell them first! I love being a missionary. I love the missionaries that were so influential to me becoming one. God's work is one eternal round. ♡♡♡

The last transfer, ysa work was a little tough. It was hard to find people, and it was even harder to get our friends to church. Every week I found myself asking what more could we have done? I've been wrestling with discontent, and I'm trying to make it divine discontent. A feeling that motivates me to give more and do more because I love God and know that with Him I CAN do more. A couple days ago in my personal study I pondered the question, "what more can I do?" And then read in Alma 43 when the Nephites are fighting so hard against the Lamanites for the cause of their freedom (a very righteous desire) and they keep fighting and fighting and praying and "in that selfsame hour" they started to see success and then they kept working. And I felt that was my answer to my question. "Keep working, keep praying" and in God's "selfsame hour" He will answer and Sis. Wang and I will start seeing success.

So thats what I'm doing.  Having patient persistence. Doing all we can do and as we do so, God does his part. Working hard because I love God and His children. Trusting that He will make more of that effort than I can make of it myself. 

Sis Wang and I have righteous desires, we love our friends, that love for them causes us to want them to have spiritual experiences from doing things like reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church.

As a missionary, my job isn't to make people have a desire, it is to give people opportunities to help them act on their desire. Those who have a desire will act in faith, and it's those people who are prepared to make covenants with God. 

Side note: "if... why? Testify!" still stands true. I think we've asked a question like this in every lesson we've had, and every time our friend is able to answer and bear their testimony of the things that we have just briefly taught! It's powerful!

Other side note: Missionary work is the best work. It's a funny work, there are so many interesting people to meet. Some of them are weird, some just want to go on a date, some want to put a ring on my finger, some don't want to listen to what we have to share, some deny that my testimony is real. But then there are some who let their light shine. There are some who have a sincere desire, some who want to love Jesus more fully, some who beam when they hear the truth. I've met them all in the last year. And you know what?? Jesus knows all of them, hes met them too, and He died for all of them. I can't wait to meet more of these people, and introduce them to their brother Jesus. 

I invite you to introduce your brother Jesus to someone you know. Just share your simple testimony with them. Tell them Jesus knows and loves them. 

I love yall many bunches! Go give the world Heaven!

Love,
Sister Court
Weekly Fridge Phrases!!
♡there is no spiritual power in living by convenience -M. Russel Ballard
♡When we repent we empty ourselves of sin, and we need the holy ghost to fill us up
-Seyi
♡have the confidence to claim personal revelation for yourself -elder Renlund

P.s. I'm learning sign language!! It's a blast🤟


No comments:

Post a Comment