Thursday, November 16, 2023

Nov 16: Welcome to the (bi)Weekly?? Season 8 Ep. 7- "If... why? Testify!"

Hello! Hello! (Again)

We got transfer news! Sister Wang and I will be staying together for another transfer in Toronto! We are so excited! It's the last transfer of the year! And we are so ready to go! 

I just want to keep going!I'm determined to not let the gray cold weather stop me or slow me down from meeting and talking to all the people. I want 772 souls so so bad (that is the goal for the number of people in Ontario who are ready to enter the waters of baptism) When we sustained 1034 souls (the goal for the number of people God has prepared for next year) at MLC, I felt the strongest witness for not only that number of souls but for the 772 souls for this year. And I knew that I had met them before and that I promised them I would find them again and help them come again to a knowledge of their Savior and their Heavenly Father. And I want to meet them! We have to find them! So that we can gather with them all together spotless at the judgment seat just like Nephi in 2 Nephi 33:7. We just have to find them! We promised them we would! 

One of the elders in my district changed my finding and teaching game when he shared with Sister Wang and I a principle he calls "If... Why? Testify!" 

We had a short lesson on zoom with a friend yesterday who has zero Christian background. He has never even heard of the Bible. We taught him about prophets yesterday and we put into practice the "If... why? Testify!" Principle. We explained that prophets are called of God and given power and authority to recieve revelation from God on behalf of the whole world. Sis. Wang then asked "if we need a direct connection with God, why would having a living prophet be so important?" 

The testify part didn't even come from us. It came from our friend! Who knows next to nothing about prophets except for what we had taught just then. But he bore his testimony on the need for a prophet to help guide us and that if there was a prophet on the earth today, he would know that that person was a true prophet because he would be able to feel it for himself. 

That's right! We then added our testimonies to his! And testified that we do have a prophet on the earth today! And showed him a picture of Russel M Nelson. His face lit up immediately. 

Friends, I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today. His name is Russel M. Nelson. He has been called of God. President Nelson comes from a long line of prophets before him going all the way back to Joseph Smith, who in reality saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as he knelt to pray. I promise that if you pray with a sincere heart you will recieve a witness that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that Russel M Nelson is our prophet today. I testify that the council and direction from the prophet are directly from God, and if you follow it you will find greater protection and clearer guidance in your life. I know because I have found it in mine. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

I love you all many bunches! Go give em Heaven!

Love,
Sister Court

(Bi) weekly fridge phrases!!
♡I'm not out here to play in the dirt -isaiah 28
♡what are the chances you are in the wrong place? Absolutely ZERO! -President Stacey
♡Jesus christ is our coach, BUT 1st, he played the game... AND WON! -elder Evans 

No comments:

Post a Comment