Sunday, October 29, 2023

Oct 25: Welcome to the Weekly Season 8 Ep. 3 Good Vibes, Exciting Times

Hello! Hello!

I love all people, but I especially love the people that are excited about the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

My favorite thing is to listen to other people talk about the things they love and get excited about, it makes me get so excited and happy with them. It could be their favorite movie trilogy, sports team they enjoy (unless its the Calgary Flames... i dont got time for that), hobbies, anything! And I also love sharing with others the things I get excited about. The sunset, books, hiking, hockey (the Oilers obviously), anything! 

This is one of the reasons I love to be a missionary so much! Every day, I get to share the doctrine of Jesus Christ (something that excites me a great deal) with my brothers and sisters, people that I have the blessing of meeting and loving. When the gospel becomes one of those things that the people I meet get excited about and they share that excitement with me, oh how great is my JOY in my Savior Jesus Christ. 

This week I have seen such excitement and felt such joy as my good friend Jeffrey made his 1st covenant with God and recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost. He was grinning from ear to ear. He told us that he is excited for all the things God has in store for him! He is looking forward to receiving the priesthood and having a calling in the church, he looks forward to the day that he can go to do proxy work and make further covenants with God. Jeffrey knows that baptism isn't the end! It's just the beginning and he is so jazzed about that! 

Our new friend Musa is the shiniest person I have met on the street. He has the light of Christ amd he lets it shine! He is EXCITED ABOUT THE GOSPEL! When we met him at a very random busstop and told him about Jesus, he was our hype man! Told us he vibed with our energy. He came to a very special and spirit filled musical fireside put on by the Morphis family who's son served his mission here just a couple months ago. Musa LOVED EVERY SECOND! The gospel of Jesus Christ makes him feel things he's never felt before. He calls them vibrations & energy, I excitedly tell him it's the spirit and God talking to him. 

This is what it means to be anxiously engaged! It means to be excited about the doctrine of Jesus Christ. To love Jesus Christ so much that you can't help but share his light everywhere you go because it just exudes from you. When I meet people like that, like Jeffrey and Musa, my love & excitement for the gospel grows so so much! All of it is true!! I promise!

I was doing a roll play this past week practicing teaching according to needs with the spirit. I was rollplaying as a missionary teaching one of the elders' friends who has been going through A LOT as of late that has caused her to not be able to be baptized at this time. 

The roll play became very real as we read Mosiah 24:14-15 together. And I testified that the things around her were not going to go away over night. They would probably effect her for a very long time (not very comforting I know) but I testified that although these hard things wouldn't go away, God is able to visit us in our afflictions and give us strength and comfort. God is able to do this because He sent His son Jesus Christ to earth to take on every burden, affliction and trial all at once so that no one would have to do it alone. Jesus took it all into his own hands so he could hold our life together when it seemed to be falling apart. I invited this "friend" to not pray for things to get better, to pray for the strength of Jesus Christ to hold it all together. 

In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of life of all mankind? (Job 12:10)

Jesus' hand. 

He is holding it all together. Whether it is divorce, family turmoil, injury, sickness, a bad grade, game lost, a bash on the street, homesickness, fear of failure. Whatever it is, it is in the hand of Jesus Christ because he has felt it all before, and because He has felt all that sorrow and pain, happiness and Joy and peace are found through him. That is the breath of life. It is all in the Hand of He who knows it all and has felt it all, our brother Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for the chance to have such a meaningful and spirit filled rollplay. And I'm praying for the elders as they teach their friend who is going through so much right now that she will feel Christ's strength in her life. 

I just want to invite you all to learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ and discover for yourself how exciting it is! Discover the peace and comfort and joy that comes from living the way the Savior lived. I promise it is exciting! And I promise it has strengthening power! 

I love you all many bunches! Go give the world Heaven!

Love, 
Sister Court 

Weekly fridge phrases!! 
♡He went through it first -elder rausch
♡sometimes God just tests us to see if we're listening -elder Mackey
♡for faith to lead to salvation, you must center it on Jesus christ -pmg
♡Never believe a prediction that doesnt empower you -morris from facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment