Hello! Hello!
I hope you all had a blessed and grateful thanksgiving!
At transfers I saw my daughter Sister Waldron! And that was THE happiest reunion ever!! Her and her trainee, sister Lawrence(my granddaughter), are KILLING IT in Mississauga. See pic 





It is now fall in the 6ix and it is chilly! But I love fall weather, so I'm thriving! Sister Wang who is from Taiwan is freezing though!
I am so blessed to be companions with Sister Wang. She is the most Christlike person I have ever met. When we go out to talk to people or are traveling to & from places, she sees everyone. In the 10 minute walk to the library we talk to so many people! There have been a couple times that I catch myself with my head down staring at my feet & when I look up, Sister Wang is talking to another new person. She helps me keep my head up, she helps me see even more of God's children.
Our friend Hibiki, is one of my favorite people ever! He is so excited to learn about the gospel which makes me excited to learn about the gospel. He said a prayer the other day for the first time with us & he thanked Heavenly Father for the true church, & for his best friends for teaching him
. He is reading the Book of Mormon in English & Japanese (his 1st language) side by side so he can understand better. We have taught him almost everything & have had Japanese speaking Elders in our mission join a lesson to teach in Japanese. Hibiki is so prepared to accept Jesus Christ into his life, but he is fearful of being baptized because he comes from a background where religion is a forced thing & that's all he has known.
. He is reading the Book of Mormon in English & Japanese (his 1st language) side by side so he can understand better. We have taught him almost everything & have had Japanese speaking Elders in our mission join a lesson to teach in Japanese. Hibiki is so prepared to accept Jesus Christ into his life, but he is fearful of being baptized because he comes from a background where religion is a forced thing & that's all he has known. As I've been studying for Hibiki, and how we can help him keep learning, it occurred to me that we ask our friends to do a lot to show their faith. We ask them to come tk church, read the scriptures, give up old habits, and be baptized-that's a big thing! It only seems fitting that I as a missionary would need to do just as much to show my faith. So I've been thinking about something I can do to show my faith more.
In Matthew chapter 4 in the New Testament, Jesus fasts for 40 days AND THEN begins His ministry. The idea of a 40 day fast has been on my mind. So I will be doing a 40 day fast for Hibiki and for the spirit to help us know how to help him keep progressing. Not a fast of food or drink, a fast from another something that I enjoy.
In Preach My Gospel chapter 8, it talks about how we can set goals to support our friends' progress and part of that is by having "Faith in Jesus Christ on their behalf" and I believe that is what a 40 day fast will help me do! It will help me grow my faith in Christ and show my faith in Christ. In return the spirit of revelation that is promised to every single child of God, will direct and inspire ways for us to help Hibiki, who is new to Christianity and very new on his journey to increase his faith.
We cannot give a portion of our faith to our friends, but we can share the light and the spirit that our faith in and testimony of Jesus Christ brings into the world.
If you have something that is weighing on your mind, a prayer you feel is unanswered, I invite you to fast and pray. Maybe it's for 40 days from something you enjoy, maybe it's from food for a day. But whatever it is and however you do it, do it with Heavenly Father by expressing your desires and thoughts in mighty prayer. I promise that as you show your faith, God will answer, He will provide, He will lift, He will strengthen, and He will guide.
I love you all many bunches! Go give the world so much Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
Weekly fridge phrases!!
♡continually consider the operation of His hands. -2 Nephi 15:12
♡stay on your knees until your casual prayer becomes mighty -Sister Tamara W. Runia
♡"don't you be shy!" -pres. Nelson to pres. Stacey
♡Jesus has enough grace to go around -sister steel
♡the most important number is the one -sister taupo
♡what would Jesus see (wwjs) -sister taupo
♡"and when I forget to remember Him, He is still there" -Elder Joaquin Costa





No comments:
Post a Comment