Hello! Hello!
I just want to bear my testimony on the spirit of revelation that is promised each of us when we are humble and faithfully seek answers from God by diligently counseling with Him.
This past week all the leaders in the mission gathered for Mission Leadership Council (MLC) to discuss and come up with a goal for the number of beautiful souls God had prepared to be baptized in the year 2024. But before that goal could be made, we needed to be prepared to receive guidance and revelation from God himself on that goal. These are His children after all.
There is a pattern for receiving revelation that I invite you to follow should you be seeking answers to any question!
1. Be humble
Mosiah 2:25
And now I ask, can ye say aught of yourselves? I answer you, Nay. Ye cannot say that ye are even as much as the dust of the earth; yet ye were created of the dust of the earth; but behold, it belongeth to him who created you.
Know whose throne you are coming to when you are seeking answers/revelation.
2. Have faith
Trust in God and His plan! Be willing to take reasonable risks! Our faith needs to outweigh our logic.
Moroni 7:41
And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.
Have hope in the promise! With faith in the promised blessings of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, even the unlogical doesn't seem out of reach! Jesus Christ is greater than logic.
3. Pray and Counsel
Alma 5:46
Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.
We have to talk to God! Not just once! Alma prayed for many days! Pray, listen, then pray again! Council with God like you would if you were looking for advice from your dad or your best friend.
4. Ponder
Listen to the whispering of the spirit, pay attention to the feelings that you feel...
3 Nephi 17:3
Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow.
Moroni 10:3-4
Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts. And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
Then pray again, counsel and ponder. Be patient and trust that you will receive revelation for what ever it is you are in need of. God will never leave you with nothing. I know that! I cam promise you that!
I received revelation this week. And so did every other missionary at MLC. We followed this pattern and counseled together for a very long time. We finally came to the goal of 1034 children of God baptized in the year 2024, and when we sustained it, I received a witness of that same spirit testify to me that God knew each and every one of those people, and at a time much before this one, when we lived with Heavenly Father, I knew them too. And I promised them that my friends and I would find them here when we came to Ontario. I'm so excited to keep meeting them in this life this year, and the time that I will have in the next year. And I know that I will see them and meet them again in the next life.
How grateful I am for this knowledge and this faith. I invite you to seek revelation from your loving Heavenly Father through the spirit that he has promised to you. I know He will lead you in all things.
I love you all many bunches! Go give the world Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court




No comments:
Post a Comment