Friday, June 2, 2023

June 1: Welcome to the Weekly Season 4 Ep. 6 Missionary Monday on Taco Tue.... wait Thursday?? P.S. cheetos Mac n' cheese ain't it

Well hello! Hello! 

Before we get into the nuts and bolts of sister court's happenings, here's a •f•r•i•e•n•d•s• update!

Puja- haven't been in very consistent contact with her since our last lesson 😕. Don't really know what's going on, but i cant even imagine what it would feel like to have to tell my hindu parents that I wanted to be baptized as a Christian after being raised in in a completely different culture. So pray for her! 🙏

Joseph- after praying very hard about a baptism date he declined the invitation and insisted that there is something else he has to wait for in order to be baptized. So we're working on figuring that one out. Talked a lot about God's grace this last week. Pray for Joseph to recieve grace so he can have charity for himself! 🙏

Spencer- blocked us.... literally don't even know what happened. So pray for him that he will have safety riding his bicycle and that his heart will be softened again one day. 🙏 

Sister Sattler keeps me on my toes. Haha it's one thing after another health wise with her. And then just when she's starting to feel better some thing else comes along. She was finally getting over a nasty cold and then yesterday, while we were helping a member weed her garden, sis Sattler stepped on a rake that went through her shoe and into her foot.

 ☆DONT BE ALARMED☆ 

She is ok, the wound is being kept clean and all is good, she just can't walk right now or put weight on her foot because of the pain. We've been doing a lot of resting this transfer to get sis Sattler back up and going. And we've laughed through it all b/c at this point, to us, its just comical. Through it all, it's humbling to see the work of the lord continue to roll. We're still teaching people, we're still finding people, miracles haven't ceased, God is still God, Jesus is the Christ, and they are both so so good. 

That being said, as I mentioned above, we're struggling with our friend Puja. Who we had on date for the 3rd of June. We haven't been able to meet with her since our last lesson almost 2 weeks ago. And she has become very inconsistent in her communication with us. Her family is Hindu and so is her husband so that was something that was a concern for her. Totally fair, I can't imagine having to tell my Hindu family that I wanted to be baptized Christian. I wouldn't want them to feel like I was abandoning my culture. 

And I don't want Puja to feel like she's abandoning her culture. I want her to feel loved and welcomed as she is, and I want her to still celebrate and appreciate her culture and see the ways that the gospel of Jesus christ adds to & compliments it. I've been praying a lot for guidance to know how to be the best vessel of the Lord for her, how we can help her continue along this path. All things in God's timing, I know this. Its a beautiful trail the gospel is. And we're each at different viewpoints, switchbacks, ridges, slopes etc. I know this, so onward we go!

On a different note, before the impaling, Sister Sattler and I went to meet a new friend, Bini, to give her a Bible. We arrived at the apartment and her and her husband invited us in to chat and show us around. They are the sweetest couple. Bini took us to her room to show us her wall of Bible verses that she loves. Her family is Hindu and so is her husband but Bini loves Christianity and her family supports her in that wholeheartedly. She was so thrilled to have a copy of the Bible and insisted that she make us tea.... 

Except we don't drink tea.... explaining that was hard but she really wanted to give us something as a thank you so she began puttering around their time apartment kitchen looking for something, anything to give us. And she pulls out Mac and cheese. But not normal Mac and cheese. No no no, flaming hot jalapeño cheddar cheetos Mac and cheese. 

Now friends... I'm not a picky eater, I'll eat pretty much anything except fish (Paula from Etobicoke already gave me a run for my money in that department), and I cannot handle spicey food. But for Bini I'll fake it till I make it....

I almost didn't make it. Bini scoops out all that she has made and divides it between just sister Sattler and I. And then I had a massive bowl of very spicey noodles in front of me and embarked on a very long and painful journey. My soul left my body. I wish I was kidding because then the amount of a wimp I am would be comical...but I'm not kidding when I tell you that my nose was dripping, my right eye was involuntarily crying, and my tongue was numb. At some point I couldn't even taste how spicey it was anymore but I was still just sweating and experiencing all the ridiculous symptoms. BUT I ate that whole bowl! AND we have another visit with her... So wins.🏆 

Sister Sattler also doesn't handle spice well, but that wasn't the low point for her. She is lactose intolerant and this was very creamy very dairyfilled. I'll cut to the chase and leave it at this.... the bathroom in the Asian supermarket next to Waterloo park is an excellent place to detox your system via throwing up your insides🤮 The rest is for your imagination 😑.

It's been quite the week for the sisters in The Loo. Love ya all many bunches! Go give em Heaven!

Love 
Sister Court 

Here are the Weekly fridge phrases!!

♡"you have moments that you are just so in awe, it's awesome." -sistee Cox on not being able to express how much love of God she's feels
♡"sometimes we need a good spiritual shake." -sisyer Palacios diez
♡"mercy needs a mediator." -elder Randall 
♡"humility is knowing when you suck."
-sister stevens
♡no more zero days!

No comments:

Post a Comment