Hello! Hello!
Welp! We're in the good ol' GTA, in the same zone and district I started my mission in. Dropping sis sattler off at the airport was a very big sad. Made my heart frown a lil. But my heart is so smiley that shes doing ehat God needs her to be doing! Im so proud of her.
I've only been here 4 days but Mississauga is a fun time! My lil greenie, Sister Waldron is absolutely fantabulous! She was previously in a trio being trained. She was so cute the other night after we had turned off the lights she says, "thanks for being the best third mom!" Oh my lanta we are having a lot of fun together. I am so excited for the next 4 weeks of this transfer!
I studied relying on the spirit a lot this week. As part of my studies I read Carl B. Cook's talk "Just Keep Going With Faith" from this last general conference. And something that stuck out to me this was this quote "undo the plans and follow the spirit".
When Sis Sattler and I got the call to let us know what was happening with our area, I was immediately overwhelmed. I just assumed that I would stay in Waterloo. That was my plan, to stay and keep building the area, to keep teaching our friends, and find more.
And then I read this talk and remembered that God's plan is always better than the one I prepare for & think is so perfect. I began thinking about the friends we had, and how beneficial it would be for some of them to have elders, or to be taught by the other sisters in another congregation. We had lessons with each of our friends and were able to introduce them to the new missionaries that would be teaching them. Each one was so spiritual and 110% confirmed to me that the changes happening were what needed to happen for Gods work to keep moving forward in His time.
Side note: my friend Keyrthi who I mentioned in my last email is preparing for baptism on July 7!! Oh my lanta that lesson was the most tender and spiritual experience! I am so happy and excited for her!
The other thing that was overwhelming to me was that I would be whitewashing again (actually reopening the area) and training a baby missionary again. This was a little bit of a scary thought to me. The last time I trained it was so good, I learned A LOT, but it was hard. I felt like Zoram (go read the talk linked at the end OR even better read the story in the book of mormon itself in 1 Nephi chapter 4, also linked at the end!) and initially felt like running. But Nephi snatched Zoram and God snatched me and if He didn't, my mission president certainly would've.
I was reminded that we can't run from opportunities to increase our faith & recieve love from Heavenly Father, even if those opportunities seem hard and scary. As I continued my studies this week, I was struck by this thought from preach my gospel, "your confidence and faith should be in Christ, not in yourself." And as I looked back at the transfer we had I saw just how true and crucial that statement was.
Sometimes you don't have a whole lot to be confident in. Maybe you're sick, tired, and the ride is a rollercoaster. But when you have confidence in christ and you're filled with His love, the work keeps going and everything that needs to be done will get done. I know this! And I have confidence in God to take perfect care of everyone in Waterloo.
And now I'm here in Mississauga and it couldn't be a more heavensent ET (emergency transfer). With confidence and faith in christ, the work is going to roll forward. And there is so much work to do here! I'm excited to be back in the GTA. the quieter pace of Waterloo was a needed breather but I love being busy. I am so grateful to be here! And I am so excited to be training again, to use all the things I've learned the last 2 transfers and be the vessel Christ needs me to be for the people here, and for my companion.
I am so grateful for Sister Waldron! She is fabulous and has such a desire to learn and be obedient and to be pushed. I love her so much!
So I guess long story short is this.... (here are your spark notes Jace) God is good, his plan is always better, with confidence in that plan, all will work out. He grants us opportunities to learn and then gives us more when we're ready to learn more and when it's expedient for us to learn more.
Love you all many bunches! Go give them Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
I guess it's about time for the Weekly fridge phrases:
♡"If you're giving first class effort it better be going to a first class cause" -elder Cronin
♡"he worked in me to do his will"
♡"the spirit doesn't make me speak better, it helps me say what needs to be said." -elder palmer
No comments:
Post a Comment