Wednesday, June 28, 2023

June 28- Welcome to the Weekly Season 5 Ep. 4: Teaching 2×2, pretty sure Noah's ark didn't leak though:/

Hello! Hello!

We have been teaching so much! It is the best! Sis Waldron is an inspiration. She teaches me as shes teaching our friends. I've been setting goals to improve my teaching, and right now i have three that i'm actively working on. 

1. Promising blessings throughout the lesson, 
2. Being Bold when bringing up baptism, 
3. Using the scriptures that flow into my head as our friends are sharing. 

God fulfills His promises! We taught a lesson to our friend Mansor who is on date for July 16. He had been ghosting the elders who passed him to us because he's been busy finding work as he's new to Canada. In this lesson I promised him that if he made learning about God & progressing towards baptism his #1 priority, the other aspects in his life would fall into place. Guess what! Not even an hour after he confirmed his next appointment with us, he had a job interview. That promise came from God! GOD FULFILLS HIS PROMISES & HIS ARM IS STRETCHED OUT ALL THE DAY LONG! 

In a lesson with our now friend that we taught with another set of sisters, Jonathan we were having a very meaningful conversation about the Holy ghost guiding us to know our purpose in life. And I felt my heart start going fast b/c he needed to be invited to be baptized. Sis Waldron read my mind because we looked at each other and, in unison nodded. So the invitation was extended & when our friend said maybe, the other sisters we were teaching with backed up the invitation i extended. He is now praying for a date that we will soon be following up on. BE BOLD AND LOVING!

 In preparation for a friend who doesn't speak very good English I was studying how we can be more simple teachers & I read 3 Nephi 9:15 which so simply testifies who Jesus christ is & I felt the same witness I've recieved so many times before. That Jesus is my savior. That's how we can teach simpler. We can use the Book fo Mormon. AND IN HIS FIRST LANGUAGE because the book of mormon has been translated into it! The Gospel of Jesus Christ is plain and precious. There is no better place to find evidence that Jesus christ is the son of God than from the word of God & the spirit of God. 

In other news.... our apartment has flooded not once but twice this last week. Not a great vibe but a vibe none the less. It's made for a couple fun adventures and very wet feet🙃. 

In other other news.... in my studies this week I read a talk from our Prophets wife, Wendy Nelson titled "becoming the person you were born to be" and she extended a 30 day invitation to pray to God in gratitude for the scriptures and ask the question we most need answered that day, flip open your scriptures and read hntil you find an answer, and watch it change your life. 

So I have been doing that the last couple days and the Book of Mormon can answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION! I promise you that! The Book of Mormon coupled with the spirit is the best way to find the answers to the questions of your soul no matter how simple or complicated. I invite you to this 30 day invitation. Pray and open your scriptures, the Bible or the Book of Mormon and read. 

Send me your experiences because I'd love to hear them! And learn from yall! 

Have a great week! And go give em Heaven!

Love,
Sister Court

Weekly fridge phrases: 
♡"let Jesus christ be your liahona." -sister Stacey
♡"Encourage your friends to verb"
-sister Waldron on wanting to help our friends take action

No comments:

Post a Comment