Thursday, June 15, 2023

June 14- Welcome to the Weekly Season 5 Ep. 2 ET is the Game Mississauga is the Name

 Hello! Hello! 


Soo.... Sister Sattler heads home for a service mission in like 3 days..... and I....

Leave the Loo at the same time. We got a call on Saturday letting us know what on earth is happening and found out I was getting Emergency Transferred (ET) out. This area isn't closing per say but it is being given to the elders in Kitchener 2nd ward, so they will be double covering. I'm headed back to Brampton Zone, (which is the zone I was born into) to re-open the Mississauga area and train another baby missionary! I'm excited! But I'm sad, my heart loves all the people. But there are more people to love! And I am so excited to love them!

We were able to get in contact with our friend Puja! And we have been meeting with her. Unfortunately she doesn't feel the need to be baptized anymore but wants to keep learning about Jesus Christ, because he adds so much to her culture. She said she noticed the difference in her life when she was meeting with us vs. When she wasn't. I think now that she's meeting with missionaries again, and hopefully will start coming to church, she'll feel that spirit again and remember her desire to be baptized. We have a lesson with her this week with the K2 elders so she can get to know them before sis Sattler and I leave. 

 Our friend Keyrthi has a brother in Salt Lake who is a member and family in India who are all members, and told her that if she found the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints when she moved to Canada, she would find family. The sister missionaries in Temple Square called us b/c her brother told them about his sister in Waterloo. We've met with her twice, both lessons her brother in India, Kiran, FaceTimed in. It's been amazing because he speaks their mother tongue so when there's a concept Keyrthi doesn't understand in English he's able to explain it in Telugu and bear testimony of it. It's the most beautiful thing. She has been to church twice and loves it. She's hesitant to accept a baptism date because she feels she doesn't know enough. But her brother said he would read the Book of Mormon with her and help her understand more so that she can understand what baptism really is. At church on Sunday we told her we were leaving and she was so sad and nervous. We are passing her to the YSA sisters and assured Keyrthi that she was going to love them and make so many friends. We have a lesson all together this week to help make that transition smoother. 

Joseph, although not ready for a baptismal date has made so much progress the last 8 weeks. To most people maybe it doesn't look like that, but to me he has. I can feel him feeling the spirit more in his life. He is so mindful of the things we teach him. And every lesson we have is planned not just by sis Sattler and I but Joseph too. We set goals with him about what he wants to learn more about and send him talks and scriptures to read before hand. And when e meet its always so spirit led. I think elders will be amazing for him. 

I spoke in sacrament meeting on Sunday and as I was writing my talk I thought "this is going to be great! A talk I don't cry while giving." Ha! Then we found out I was also leaving....

As I was closing my talk I felt an overwhelming outpouring of love for the people in the congregation, including Keyrthi and Joseph, and the members sitting on the stand. It was the craziest, most magical experience....And yes, I indeed did cry. The spirit I felt, and I pray everyone else felt, was just so strong. These people have been home to me. We tell our friends all the time that they will find a home and a family in the church. That promise extends to everyone. It takes all kinds and all quirks to make a ward family. I am just so grateful that I get to experience so many even just for a short while. 

I have a testimony that the Lord's got it, He knows. His timing is perfect in my life and in the lives of our friends. I know our friends and the kw ward is in God's hands. He won't drop them. In the moments that my brain moves a million miles a minute I pause to remember to breathe and just be, breathe and trust, breathe. In my personal study I was reminded of one of my favorite scriptures 
Job 12:9-10 
Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.
God is the breath of life, He has each and every one of us in His hand. His grace will catch us when we fall. 

I love you all many bunches! Go give them Heaven! 

Love,
Sister Court 

Here are the Weekly fridge phrases:
♡Who are you not to be who you are? -Sister whitsitt
♡We are living in a time of high adventure 
-marens institute notes 
♡when temptation knocks at the door, let Jesus answer. -bumper sticker
♡we're all jenk and weird -elder Remillard







No comments:

Post a Comment