This past week was one of those weeks where my heart just feels so so full. Like it's just overflowing with all the love a sister can have for God's children.
Our friend Puja is on date for baptism! She just amazes me every day. I LOVE her. I just can't believe how blessed I am to know her. We had an very spirit filled lesson about commandments, we had a member join us and together we all set a goal for a date. Puja really wants to be baptized. She knows this is where God needs her to be. She is just nervous to talk to her family and her husband about this commitment she wants to make. They are all very devout Hindu and she doesn't want to cause conflict with them.
We had a nice discussion about how when we set goals with God, He helps us accomplish those goals by giving us strength. After sharing that and bearing our testimonies to her, she felt peace about setting a date. I'm praying so hard for her and for guidance to know how we can help her. She is my sister and I just love her so much! My heart has grown 10,000 times, as I've witnessed her faith and testimony grow since our first meeting with her.
I've also mentioned our friend Joseph who has been investigating the church since antediluvian time ๐๐ฃ♀️. In the short time that we have been his missionaries I have learned a lot from him. I have also seen him grow and make significant progress.
This past week we had a lesson about covenants and why it's important we make them when we perform saving ordinances. Again, we had a member with us who knows Jospeh very well. Which just added to the experience. I felt inspired to invite him to pray to be baptized on June 25. He was a little shocked...๐ณand so was I...BUT he accepted the invitation and we are following up with him on Wednesday when we meet him again!! I am so filled with christlike love for this man. I know where he's headed! And it's a beautiful thing!!
This week we met a guy on Facebook named Spencer! He's a tender soul, very respectful, very openminded, loves to be outside, loves his bike, and rides it everywhere even though he has a car(he just bought it for a sense of independence), loves yoga and meditation, and he holds up a peace sign everytime he talks about something he loves and respects..... friends he's got all the Hippie vibes!
Sister Sattler and I met him for a lesson yesterday and He is so kind and so eager to learn. And has so many questions, but knows that there aren't answers to all of them right now and the answers will come at the proper time. Amen!! We taught him about the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and gifted him a Book of Mormon. He looked at this special book, looked at us and said "do you think I'm ready for this?"
YES YOU ARE SPENCER! Like zip-up-the-tent-let's-meet-tomorrow-and-everyday ready! God knows he's ready, God sees his desire to learn, and God is lovingly calling him! I am so excited to keep teaching our new hippie friend Spencer!
My testimony today is this: God is calling His children! And He loves His children. If I feel this much love for these people who I've only known for a short time, their Heavenly Father has to love them even more! And that's just mind-boggling to me because I love them with all I got. Heavenly Father loves! He lives! He knows! And He sees! He works through the weak and simple (that's me) to help His children feel seen, known and loved. How humbled I feel to have been given this opportunity to love and serve my brothers and sisters! Lastly, if you have the desire to learn more, you are ready and God will work with that desire in His perfect time (ALWAYS His time) to help you feel ready! For whatever it is.
Update on personalizing the area: we started doing Saturday morning nature walks! Only one person cane to the last one BUT the response from the community has been great this last week and we are excited for the better weather that we should have this Saturday! I also stated offering free mini photos hoots which has been recieved VERY well by the community! I'm looking forward to getting to know more people in the community and interacting and talking with them in normal, natural sister Court and sister Sattler ways:)
Anywho.... happy reading! Have a great week! Go give all the lovely humans heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
Also, as per usual, the Weekly fridge phrases:
♡"the only magic is Jesus." -5 year old Toby Bender
♡"I'm planning to live!" -sister Cox
♡"I just love Jesus now, so I'm Christian."๐ฅน-Herry in the CTM miracle call
No comments:
Post a Comment