Tuesday, May 9, 2023

May 8: Welcome to the Weekly Season 4 Ep. 3 Bold like Nephi....cuz we can't say no to President

This past week I learned a couple things about myself. Love the learning moments! Bless. 

I learned that I can be bold, and it's not offensive when you're not being overbearing. Which we read in Alma 38:12 "use boldness, but not overbearance." I'm just the kind of person who doesn't want to offend anyone so sometimes I keep the question I have in my head... in my head and don't ask it out of fear that I'll catch our friend off guard and offend them. I'm not very good at being bold without being timid and beaying around the bushes... the poor shrubbery looks a little rough when i try to be bold. 

But this week we had a lesson with our friend Joseph who has been investigating the church for fiveever! His goal is to be as close to God as he can and be baptized but there is something holding him back that he can't identify. He has such a strong testimony! He seriously should be dunked.

 We got into this lesson and sis Sattler tells him we want to get to know him and his relationship with the church and Joseph says, "drill me, yous ladies can pick me apart." And so I asked all the questions on my mind and when he answered I responded with a restored truth that he's probably heard over and over. But the point is when you ask bold questions and bear bold testimony out of love because you so badly want to see them in the celestial kingdom, it won't be overbearing because the spirit will testify of that christlike love you have for them. The bushes were looking nice and full after this lesson! 🙌

Side note: Sis Sattler and I were so in sync for this lesson she would literally ask the question I was thinking about or share a piece of doctrine I was going to expound on based on what Jospeh was saying. It was WILD. 

This week I also learned that I can say what I know on the spot, I don't have to have all my thoughts strung out in perfect order like my brain wants them to be. When it's needed I can just say what the Lord needs to be said. Like the opposite of Nephi in 2 Nephi 33 where Nephi says he is great at speaking boldly to the people, but really SUCKS at writing. 

This past weekend was stake conference in Kitchener and my mission president was speaking at the leadership session on Saturday so sis. Sattler and I went to sit in.

 We walked into the chapel and immediately President Stacey makes eye contact.... and I knew we were in for an adventure.  His time came to speak and in the middle of his address on member-missionary involvement (we call it the 216 principle) he says "Sister Court".... oh no.... "I need you to come here and tell all these people what you told me about ward correlation" (We had interviews earlier and i told president about my love of ward correlation). 

So up I went (because you cant just say "nope i dont think so" to your mission president who has just called you out in front of every one) and I just shared with all the leaders of the Kitchener stake my love and appreciation for my ward and the value of involving members in the Lord's work. No paper, no sticky notes, no word vomit, just what was in my heart about the desire to reach more people, fellowship more people, and get members and missionaries working together as a single unit. 

I am grateful for President Stacey for giving me opportunities to learn in scary uncomfy environments. I learn the most when I'm doing things that make my heart beat really fast in my chest. Gotta love that adrenaline:)

Testimony sidenote: I need to talk to my Heavenly Father. He sees me and he knows me. When I talk to him I am reminded of that. It's a comforting feeling to feel seen and known in a place far from all things familiar. I know that Heavenly Father sees and knows each of you. Send him a prayer, a hello, a good old how ya doing God. I promise, He will answer♡♡♡

Love ya all many bunches! Go give em Heaven!

Love,
Sister Court 

Weekly Fridge Phrases:
♡"it would be good to let my face know that I am happy as well:)" -president Brodski
♡"if I don't like how my eulogy is sounding, then I better change it." -president Olsen
♡"come! For all things are now ready." -luke 14
♡"don't let it become everlastingly too late." -me on helaman 13:38


P.s. 
Flowers and sunsets
Illegal DQ run
This is my land now
Car selfie 

No comments:

Post a Comment