Monday, May 15, 2023

May 15: Welcome to the Weekly Season 4 Ep. 4 fast and ye shall recieve, God keeps calling, basketball and smiles 😃

Hello! Hello!

Sis Sattler and I have been feeling a little stuck with the area this week. And I think it's wearing on sis Sattler a little bit physically and mentally. It was harder to get up and get going for her this week. So when our DL said we were going to do a district fast this Sunday and councelled us to add a comp fast for something specific for our area Sis Sattler and I pondered and decided that we were going to fast for revelation to know how we could personalize our area. 

I can testify that when you ask & fast you recieve. We have made some plans to make this area our own and really get involved with the members of ward council. Mission correlation has been great but the ward council has been it a little passive aggressive. We think they only feel obligated to do their calling rather than feeling like they have been called to be in their specific callings because the lord needs then there. To us, it seems like they feel underappreciated. 

SO!! We have made plans to work with them to get involved in their ministering visits, to do some service and utilize the service hours we don't use, which in turn will help them find their why for being called to serve in the capacities they have. Because when you do good, you feel good! 

We also plan to start an activity night other than volleyball night because none of our friends really enjoy playing volleyball, and we want to offer something that will make our friends excited to come and see, join, belong, and stay. I'll keep ya posted with those efforts! 

In other news!! Our friend Puja is amazing. She came to church on Sunday, stayed for a lesson, & for the Spanish branch's luncheon AND stayed for the Spanish baptism & felt so taken away by the spirit even though the whole thing was in Spanish & she couldn't understand any of the words! In our lesson we taught her about Joseph Smith & the Book of Mormkn asked her to read & pray to know if it's true & she was like I already know it's true! This is where God needs we to be!

I know that the Book of Mormon is true! Jospeh Smith translated it through the power of God. I invite you to get a copy, if you don't already have one, and read it. I promise you will feel in your heart that it's true. It adds to and compliments the Bible. It testifies of the same God, the same Jesus the same doctrine that the Bible does. It is so so true! Jesus Christ lives! And he works miracles now just as he did then. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. 

Puja is so close to being baptized. She just wants to learn and understand a little more. Which is fair because this is completely new for her! She has never learned about Jesus Christ before. But she LOVES IT and drinks it all up. Sister Sattler and I both know she is ready!

I love her so so much! Everytime I see her I get goosebumps because I just know where she is headed and it's so so beautiful! 

In other other news!! This Sister played basketball on Saturday!!! Oh my lanta, honestly still on a high from that because I haven't played REAL basketball since I was playing every Saturday with the Elders and their friends in my ysa ward in Victoria. Our Zone Leaders pulled up to our building with a whole bunch of guys to play ball. And extended an impromptu invite for us to stay and play. I was so jazzed! (Not the Utah jazz tho... we're in Raptor territory). 

And then all the guys showed up and they just kept getting taller and taller. I suddenly felt very little but not to worry, I help my own, and not to toot my own horn or anything but... one of the guys said I was the lady assassin after faking out the biggest one and making a reeeaaalllyyy pretty jump shot. 

I hope yall have a fanflippintastic week! I love ya all many bunches. Go give em Heaven!

Love,
sister Court


Weekly Fridge Phrases
♡Jesus is coming, look busy -sticker on car window
♡don't turn away from the gospel "like a dog to his vomit" -3 Nephi 7:8
♡get up and get out -president Stacey 
♡his countenance did smile upon them -3 Nephi 19:25

No comments:

Post a Comment