Hello! Hello!
Satan this week has just been working so hard!
I'm sick...hate being sick. I feel so unproductive because I'm tired. My brain and body isn't programmed to just sit and do nothing. AND WE DONT GOT TIME TO BE ICKY SICKY. But, Sis. Hannant keeps reminding me that God knew I was going to get sick and His work isn't going to stop just because I'm out for a bit. She's right. So maybe I should take a nap and stop writing on pass along cards in an effort to feel effective.
This transfer, I've been studying trust and rest by reading a myriad of conference talks. I'm learning how I can trust in God's timing more in our daily schedule and with our friends, and how we find rest in doing so. The zone conference we had this week played well into this. Something president Stacey said in his instruction hit me over the head with a 2x4.
He said "the terrestrial world is a world of lists." If you know me, you know I'm a list maker, a planner, I don't do well not being in control. I love lists and checking items off, and getting everything done. Which is great! Lists are good! BUT I can't get everything on the todo list done myself or with my companion. The list is never ending and there is no way I can finish it myself. If I could then I wouldn't need my Heavenly Father or Savior. BUT I DO NEED THEM.
Which means there are tasks on the eternal todo list only they can finish. And in their timing. I can't micromanage God, that's not how the celestial kingdom works. And my goal is to make it to the celestial kingdom. So, when I come with a list of things to do and do my best to accomplish them, God will accomplish the work he needs done at that time as he seeth fit, and I have to trust that God will prevail for the benefit of His children. That's the difference between terrestrial living and celestial living.
I have seen that as I have followed Emilia along on her journey. From gathering her into the fold on this side of the viel to being at the temple with her this weekend as she gathered her husband and parents on the other. God has prevailed. In His perfect timing, his children have found the gospel. He gives us agency, and lucky for us, multiple opportunities to choose Him. He guides his children to where they need to go. He places us in eachothers paths for very special and specific reasons. And I know that Emilias family is jumping for joy that finally Emilia has found the gospel so that she can help them accept it too. How anxious they must have been, waiting and waiting. Do spirits in the spirit world get impatient? I don't know but they certainly let God prevail, I'm confident they'll make it to the celestial kingdom. And I can't wait to see Emilia there with them.
I have also seen God prevail as we were preparing two of our friends, Carmine and Salman, for their baptism yesterday. Both so excited to be baptized, both had great member present lessons where the spirit was so strong, both seemingly sp ready to be gathered. So when Carmine suddenly wasn't talking to us we were kinda concerned. He finally responded to our texts asking if he was doing ok, with a long essay of a message explaining that he didn't want to participate in the discussions anymore and that he was not interested at all in being baptized.
I felt a little discouraged, a tad confused, but mostly just sad. I have seen the Gospel change Carmines life. Carmine has seen the gospel change his life. Everytime we met with him he expressed how grateful he was to have found this, that his life was back on track, and for the first time in a while things were falling into place. He is my brother, and I have a big place in my heart for him. I was sad that after all the light he had seen he was still turning away. It would be fair to say that in this moment, letting God prevail was hard, because why would God let someone turn away? Well, that would be because he gifted us our agency, he wanted us to choose him.
At zone conference president Stacey said "God loves us and will be patient with us forever!" His love and patience for his children will never run out, and neither will mine! I have no doubt that in his own time, and in God's time, Carmine will come back.
In the meantime we had other things to focus on! Salman!! His baptism was wonderful, he is so excited to be a member of this church. The behind the scenes of getting everything ready was a tad rocky (water in the font draining after being filled, programs not printing right, speakers canceling last minute) but everything worked out the way it was supposed to. Salman kept thanking me for finding him again and bringing him into the fold. He knows that we knew eachother before, and I know it too. I told him in the premortal life I would find him again and God made it happen here on a subway in Toronto.
And so God prevails. He gathers his children. And I am just a vessel for God, filled with His love that is waiting to be shared with all the beautiful people!
I love ya all many bunches! Koodos to you if you read all that and didn't just skip to the pics:) Go give em Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
♡Weekly fridge phrases:
"Get up, take my grace, and walk"
-sister Stacey
♡God knows that I know He knows
♡"You gotta have a sense of humor when you're anything in the church because you see so many things that are off the charts stupid."
-pres nelson to rulon and Linda Stacey when extending the call to be mission president and wife
♡LET GOD PREVAIL
No comments:
Post a Comment