Hola! Hola!
Sorry uncle Jace this one's gonna be a long one.... but there is so much that I wanna tell all ya'll!
When a crazy week like this last one comes around, I think a lot of people would say to put your head down and focus on the grind of the work, but I think that when a week like this last one comes we have to have our head up and focus on the grind of the work. Weeks like this when there are so many things going on mean there are going to be so many unplanned opportunities to further the work and gather the kingdom.
We can't just look at our feet and follow them to the known destinations. We have to look up, head on a swivel, ready to face whatever is in front of us and do our best to take every opportunity God may place in our path in between each planned opportunity. And he will place them there. I know He will because that's what happened this week.
I met Diego at a Tim Hortons on our way to catch a bus to a lesson. He had seen missionaries a long time ago and saw my tag and wanted to learn more. We meet with him this week and he wants to begin coming to church. On our way to a different lesson I met Salman on the subway and he soaked up all the information I shared with him, took all my pamphlets and a book of Mormon to read. He came to church on Sunday, HE EVEN BORE HIS TESTIMONY. He stayed for the baptism and I was able to put him on date following the baptismal service.
Had I kept my head down and focussed only on getting to the bus to make a lesson I would have missed Diego. Had I kept my head down on the subway and only focussed on getting off at the right stop to make a lesson I would have missed Salmon. When you focus on the work with your head up there is no time to think about the inevitable things about a mission that seem daunting or stressful. So keep your head up, be ready to serve in whatever way that looks like in your life. People who need you are there, but you have to look up and see them. God has opportunities and blessings in store for you that you can't even imagine being there, but you have to face the day looking forward at what is coming.
Oh my lanta! Zip up the tent! Emilia!! The lady of the hour! She was baptized on Sunday. What a Heavenly and miraculous day. The joy that continuously exudes from her body only increased. I didn't think that was possible. If there ever was sunshine in someone's soul, it was all in Emilias soul on Sunday. And she shares it with everyone! I believe in angels! Because there is no way that Emilia is just any human. She is an angel and she is a miracle. I will never forget the day she walked into the church being led by God. And I will never ever forget the day she was baptized. Oh I could go on and on, but I'll save that for the phone call with my mama bear:)
It's the end of the transfer, which means Sister Hoy goes home. She has been such a blessing these past 12 weeks. I love her all the many bunches! Anywho that means this sister gets a new compy... and I don't know who that will be because I will be training a brand new baby missionary!
I am grateful for the opportunity to train this upcoming transfer. A little nervous... maybe a tad more than a little... but I'm excited. I guess I shouldn't have laughed it off when president and sister Stacey said I was going to be the new sister Hoy. Haha😬 I'm ready to learn, and I'm ready to work.
Anywho love ya all very many bunches! Go give em Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
No comments:
Post a Comment