Hello! Hello!
I have seen this to be true with Emilia, who has been looking for a long time to find the true church. I have seen this with our friends David and Carmine who love the way they feel when they learn all of these new things. I have seen it with my dear friend Jennifer who is a returning member after 30 years of being completely inactive, she now reads conference talks and scriptures daily and shares what she's reading with us (this has been a huge blessing to me, as earlier this week the talk she shared with us, was exactly what I needed to read that day), she also is willing to make the bus ride to church when noone can give her a ride even though it's inconvenient and requires her to walk 20 minutes from the bus stop to the church.
And I saw this yesterday when a mom, Joahanne and her daughter Abby walked into church. Joahanne is a member but has been gone from the church for 20 years. She was so happy to be back yesterday, and her daughter was welcomed so quickly by the young women. All of these people have, at one time or another, said the same thing. That this is what they have been missing, and that God has guided them here.
Indeed the lord is guiding, or attempting to guide ALL OF HIS SHEEP! I have seen this week those who choose to hear, hearken, and heed the guidance, as well as those who hear, but choose not to know.
In Alma 10 Amulek testifies to the wicked people in Ammonihah his conversion experience from an unbeliever to a missionary of the Lord. I have seen the unbelieving Amulek, and the believing Amulek.
Of his experience Amulek says,
"Nevertheless, I did harden my heart, for I was called many times and I would not hear; therefore I knew concerning these things, yet I would not know; therefore I went on rebelling against God, in the wickedness of my heart."
Our friend Jill, who I love with all my heart, is at the present time choosing to not hear, choosing to not know. She loves my companion and I. We met her miraculously at a bus stop and instantly knew that she was feeling the spirit. We have been teaching her for a few weeks now. Jill loves having us over, her 2 year old daughter is attached to our hips when we visit. We have great spirit filled lessons, and I know without any doubt that Jill feels it too. But she chooses to get caught up with the worldly perspective, the nitty gritty questions that im sure we've all had at one time or another that require us to seek answers from God to learn for ourselves. She listens to what we say every time, but she will not choose hear. She remembers the things we discuss but she will not choose to know. But I know one day she will. And I pray that if it be the Lord's timing, that day is soon.
How can we choose to Hear Him? How can we choose to listen with open hearts and know Him? This week I invite y'all to think about how you can choose to hear and know your Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.
These are some talks and tidbits I found in my personal study this week as I pondered these questions.
Invite Christ to Author Your Story
Hear Him
How I Hear Him: Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Love ya all many many bunches! Go give them Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
The Weekly Fridge Phrases:
"Come and fear not... Come and go forth"
-Alma 7:15
"Lose the old self to find the new self"
-Neil A. Maxwell
"Live the script He is writing for you."
-Sister Hoy
No comments:
Post a Comment