! Hello!
Update on Emilia:
SHE IS JUST SO AMAZING! Oh my lanta I love her. We call her every morning to say prayer with her and she offers the most beautiful prayers to our Father in Heaven. I am so happy for her, that she has found the gospel of Jesus Christ and that she is so excited to be a part of it!
We had Zone conference this week. And it was absolutely remarkable. A lot of zone conference was focussed on studying about and discussing the 1st Vision. How can we as missionaries paint the best picture we can of this amazing and miraculous event. The 1st Vision surely did happen! It is true, and because this is the case it should be talked about with boldness and excitement! IT IS EXCITING that God speaks to his children on earth today!
Joseph Smith is a prophet called of God, and through him, Heavenly Father brought to pass the restoration of the True and everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ. I am doing what I'm doing so that I can share the excitement and blessings of this gospel with the beautiful people of the world.
I talked to so many people this week. Met so many beautiful souls! But not very many of them seemed to be very interested right then. However! I do know that I was at the right place at the right time for all of those people. Especially for a wonderful old man named John on the bus who liked me because I wasn't a Jehovas Witness and I had nice braids in my hair. His mom had passed away the day before from alzheimers. On that day, John didn't need some 20 year old gal to convert him. He needed a kind person he could cry with and tell his golf stories to. He needed someone who knows what it's like to lose a loved one to the terrible disease. I am grateful I could be that person for John this week. I hope his mom is playing golf in heaven:)
Sometimes people just aren't ready right now to jump all in or to accept the gospel at full force. But when we serve, smile, and show kindness, we are fulfilling our missionary purpose by inviting others to come unto christ because we are showing them christlike love. We are giving them a little piece of our savior. I pray that those pieces get built on overtime for all those wonderful people, that one day they may come even closer to Him by holding fast to the love of Christ and being baptized in His name.
I am a missionary, a representative of Jesus Christ. And I promise that God loves you. He sent His son to die for you. Jesus Christ established His Gospel to show you the way to return to the glorious presence of Heavenly Father. So please! Share that love with everyone around you! Be excited about the things you know about Jesus and spread them to your circle of people! The beautiful humans of the world need it!
My mission president's wife loves sharing fridge phrases... sayings that are so good that you gotta put them on the fridge... so here are this week's fridge phrases:
-Be awkward for Jesus
-as long as the Lord sees fit
-walk out the door with joy
Love ya all many bunches! Go give em Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
No comments:
Post a Comment