Hello! Hello!
On Thursday we were doing lots of bus and subway finding. We had a goal to find 4 new people to teach that day and I determined to find them. I was working really hard to talk to as many people as I could on every single bus ride, switching seats, saying hey to everyone, flashing the tag, all the stops! But no one was interested, not a single conversation was going anywhere. I wasn't going to let that discourage me though, we had 4 souls to find! However, I then had a couple back to back run-ins with individuals on the bus/subway who really weren't having it with the gospel.
Did you know that Joseph Smith made up the history of the Americas and that Jesus Christ is an extra terrestrial alien? Because I sure didn't. But that's what these guys thought they knew. I felt so disconnected from the spirit during and after these interactions. It was the loneliest feeling. It's hard on the bus or subway because sometimes there is nowhere to go or move to, as was the case this time, the bus was packed!! You just have to sit there and try to ignore it. My head was going a million miles a minute, I didn't even know how to process what had happened or what I was feeling. I never want to feel like that again, so far away from my Savior and Heavenly Father. Sis. Hoy was amazing though and helped me talk it out and we prayed together to bring the spirit flooding back.
If how I was feeling just then is how those people who want nothing to do with the gospel feel all the time, my heart pours out to them, because that would be a terrible way to feel 24/7. If only I could give them the love I feel from my Heavenly Father like a little gift with a pretty bow and a note saying, "dear so and so, I love you. You are my child. Love, Your father in Heaven" then I would give a million boxes away!
Sis Hoy is going home at the end of this transfer and I have been praying for miracles! For the work to get rolling in the area! That these last few weeks we have together we will be able to bring so many souls to Christ.
Christ centered faith coupled with Christ centered effort equals miracles!! We have been working and praying so hard! And we have seen so many miracles! For the sake of uncle Jace and the length of this email.... I'll only share 1.
#1
Yesterday at church Emilia, who has never been to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints before walks in, and when we meet her she hugs us and says that she's been looking for the Church of Jesus Christ, that God led her here, and she wants to be baptized by immersion, and that as soon as we hugged her she knew this was the right church, and that she had come home.
She was crying, I was crying, sis. Hoy was crying. Everyone was crying! God answers prayers, he leads his children, and he HAS NOT CEASED TO BE A GOD OF MIRACLES!!
Emilia is the most amazing lady I have ever met in my life. Her story is miraculous. I don't think I can record just how amazing she is. But here's the recap:
-she heard a pastor say one time that she needed to find the church of Jesus Christ. So she googled the church of Jesus Christ. And the church on 95 Melbert Rd. Was the first one that popped up. And when this past Sunday came, she knew she had to come.
-so she came! God's timing is perfect because Emilia came on the same Sunday that the other sisters in the ward had a friend getting baptized!
-she is already reading the doctrine and covenants and has her own copy of the Book of Mormon. She saw them online and just ordered them!
-Emilia loved everything about church. Relief society was all about the doctrine of belonging. It was an INSPIRED lesson!
-the sisters friend, Debbie (who has my heart forever because she is amazing, and I've known her since the sisters started teaching her) got baptized, and it was the most perfect thing in the most chaotic way. But Emilia felt the Holy Ghost so strongly. She just turned to everyone around her and told them she loved them so much over and over. And when she watched Debbie get baptized she clapped and clapped, so the whole ward clapped and clapped. I've never clapped at a baptism before, but it was so beautifully joyful!
-Emilia is on date for baptism for March 5. But honestly, that date could very likely move up!
This last Sunday was such a spiritually strengthening and uniting day. For Emilia, for Debbie, for sis Hoy and I, and for the entire Etobicoke ward. This ward needed this day. The way everyone just came together, hearts knit in charity and understanding was mind blowing.
Everyone pray for Emilia!!
Lastly, I studied this talk this last week and absolutely loved it, I think a lot of yall will too!
Charity and Learning by Aileen H. Clyde
Ok y'all! I love ya many many bunches! Go give em Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
1. zone council
2. DEBBIE!!
3. Subway surfin



No comments:
Post a Comment