Monday, March 20, 2023

March 20- Welcome to the Weekly Season 3 Ep. 2

Hello! Hello!

OH MY LANTA!! I am absolutely overjoyed and blessed to be a part of this great and marvelous work! Many miracles! heres one big one made of many smaller ones from this week.

Sister Hannant and I taught some really amazing lessons with our friends Salman and Carmine. Both are on date and both of their dates have b been moved up to this coming Sunday! All of the lessons we had with them this week we were able to get a member to. I knew that member involvement was important before, but after this week I have a very strong testimony of this concept. 

Having members at lessons is a big blessing we as missionaries can give to the friend and the member. Each of the members that joined lessons were the perfect person to be there at that time. The experiences and testimonies they shared were inspired and tailored perfectly to the needs of our friends. Salman and Carmine have made connections in the ward with these members. They admire them. They look at them and see walking proof that this church is true! Both are excited to pay tithing, giving up coffee is no problem. They have already seen the promised blessings of living the word of wisdom and law of chastity. Carmine quit smoking and drinking almost as soon as we started meeting with him 6 weeks ago because he wanted to feel the same way he did with us all the time. We didn't even ask him to, he just did it. Salman wants to do everything he can to motivate the missionaries so that everyone can learn the things he is learning so he brings chocolate bars and chips to church.

These people have been converted to the Lord their whole life! They just needed to be gathered into the fold! And the members! They see these miracles first hand just like we do as missionaries. What a special thing we can offer to them when we invite them to join lessons! I saw their faith and their testimonies grow this week as they watched our friends' ready to do anything to be part of the true church. 

I feel like Ammon in Alma 26. I want to stand on top of the tallest mountain and joyfully yell at the whole world that every single miracle and blessing they see is from God. "My joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God." Alma 26:35

Sister Hannant is amazing! She talks to people, relates to people, and the way she talks about the Atonement is so so beautiful and touching. The way she promises blessings makes me wish I wasn't a member so that I could experience those promises for the first time as an adult. I love her and admire her! She handles all the crazy situations (and there have been crazy situations, particularly in the last 2-3 days) that come her way head on with a great calm and collected attitude. 

Sidenote: We have been working with our dear angel friend Emilia to build her family tree and it is so thrilling! I've missed doing family history work! We added her husband and are preparing his name for her to take to the temple. She asked my mission president if he would be baptized on behalf of her husband and president Stacey of course said he would be honored. Oh my heart smiles big for that day to come soon!

Love ya all many many bunches! Go give them Heaven!

Love,
Sister Court 

Weekly fridge phrases:
-slow to anger, quick to forgive
-special spirits, special chores
- I have not come to frustrate or torment the natural man, but to kill it
-"life will become much easier when we finally understand which hands to shake and which ones to hold" -Wendie Van Zyl

No comments:

Post a Comment