Monday, March 13, 2023

March 13 : Welcome to the Weekly Season 3 Ep. 1 Remember to Breath and Trust and I'm Pretty Sure I'm Teaching Megamind


Hello! Hello!


Training is going wonderfully! My trainee, sister Hannant is from Australia, and we have been having a lot of fun learning what we each call certain things. Like a sweatshirt is a jumper, or sweatpants are trackies. I love it so much!

I feel like my brain is going a million miles a minute sometimes. I don't want to forget anything or anyone. I want to be the most effective and efficient missionary I can be. Because my new companion is a greenie, I am the one who knows the area and everyone in it. It feels overwhelming at times not to have a second brain who also knows the area. But I know that soon I will. Soon enough Sis. Hannant will meet everyone and know everyone. She is already an amazing missionary. She has no fear, talks to people, shows interest in them, and has the greatest desire for all of them to learn the gospel.

I also know that I do indeed have a second brain that knows EVERYTHING. He is my Heavenly Father. He gave me His son who has felt all of the things I am feeling. He has experienced the moments I feel overwhelmed. He has experienced all the feelings of the people in the etobicoke area. He knows who they are and he knows their needs. He knows how to help me use my strengths to help and strengthen them. I know that my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ will not forget me, and they will not forget the Etobicoke area. We are etched on the palms of His hands. I know that through the Holy Ghost all the things that need to be brought to remembrance will be. I just need to have faith, work hard, and never forget God and Jesus Christ! As long as they are always at the forefront of my brain and my heart everything and everyone else will be taken care of the way they need to be according to the will and timing of the Lord, which is perfect. 

One of my goals this transfer is to study trust and rest. I know that with trust in the Lord I can feel rest in knowing that "in the end, for the righteous, all will be well." (Neil L. Anderson from the 2022 Christmas devotional) All is well and will forever be well. This transfer I will take a breath and remember to trust. I trust Him, I trust my mission president and I am working on being better at trusting myself. 

On another note one of our friends, Salman is the most interesting person I have ever been blessed to meet. This is the friend I met on the subway, came to church and then BORE HIS TESTIMONY in fast and testimony meeting. Have y'all seen Megamind?? I'm pretty sure this man is Megamind. He is bald, and wears these big glasses with thick blue frames (that look really cool and I think my mama bear needs to add them to her collection). He also has this massive brain. He thinks so logically about everything. And with any other person, this would be a massive roadblock, but Salman uses his crazy logic to build his testimony and relationship with God. 

He read about Joseph Smith on Wikipedia and came to the conclusion that everything Joseph Smith saw and did really happened.  This man uses numbers to logically prove everything he learns in the gospel🤯. Loves the numbers 3, 9 and 12. I'm constantly trying to decode everything he shares. We never quite know where his head is at. But I do know that he really really wants to be baptized. And baptized he will be! He describes feeling the spirit as having an earth quake in his heart. 

I think there will come a point when logic and numbers won't suffice. There are things in this life that we can't prove with math. We have to trust that they work, that they will continue to work. We can't see everything, we have to have faith, we have to trust. Sometimes we have to, breathe and turn our brain off and listen to the things in our heart, the things the spirit says even if we can't comprehend where it will take us. 

So today I say breath and trust. 

Love ya all many bunches! Go give them Heaven!

Love,
Sister Court

Weekly fridge phrases:
-be not afraid, only believe mark 5:36
-God knows what will help your faith grow Russell M. Nelson






No comments:

Post a Comment