For those of you reading who were at the Honeypot in Wainwright, AB for the provincial team lunch of 2019... I regret to inform you that I have slipped back into old habits.
We had a very interesting member meal Saturday night, as soon as we walked in I smelled fish and I knew I was in for an adventure because well, I don’tlike fish... turns out I was in for a much wilder adventure than anticipated. This member is so poor and prepared an entire meal for us, which we were not expecting at all. Seriously so kind and charitable of her. Of course I have a little bit of everything on the table, including the fish which is called smokarine and is cooked with the bones and scales and everything. The member is telling us about the whole preparation process, which is not helping my case at all. I'm holding back my gag reflex and innocently reach for my glass to wash down the sea creature I'm chewing on.....
My friends, that was some very spiked pear juice. 110% fermented. This member has given us wine. Accross the table, Sister Uwazny is having an allergic reaction to something, Sister Hannant looks like she's gonna vomit, and sister Soifua has no idea what is wrong with everyone and hasn't had her satans slurpee yet. The member is munching away, drinking her devils elixir, oblivious to the fact that it's alcohol. Bless her soul. By the end of the visit, this member is confused why our glasses are still full of the adversaries acid, "DRINK UP, DRINK YOUR JUICE!" And oh my lanta Sister Uwazny downs it swollen throat and all. And we leave, not knowing what on earth has just happened. In hindsight we probably should have informed her that she was giving us alcohol... but I guess you win some, you learn some. No $5 at the end of that story, just 4 tipsy sisters. 🫠 jk we weren't tipsy... just in shock.
P.s. never again will I eat smokarine...
On the plus general conference was fantastic! AND!!! A temple in Lethbridge?!?! ZIP UP THE TENT! It's not in Raymond so we're counting our blessings. Just joshin' I'm so jazzed for SOAB!
This week was slower. I don't think we taught a single lesson. They all fell through because of weather, or people getting sick, or just not showing up. So in theory that would mean that we would have had lots of time to talk to and find more of God's beautiful children to bring closer to christ. Unfortunately that's not the case. It was slower, it has been harder to get out and stay out of the apartment. I think this is because of recent events that have occurred. Sister Hannant is a little apprehensive to talk to people in person. Which is totally fair. The culture shock has been another big adjustment for sister Hannant that I think causes some apprehension. Again, totally fair, and we're working through these things, praying for discernment and charity. It's hard for me not to feel guilty because I want to talk to all the people. There are good, and beautiful souls in the world, and I want to find them because I love them even though I've never met them, not despite of, but because of all the diversity. God is the author of diversity and I thrive being a part of it.
I loved Elder Stanfill's talk yesterday about perfectionism, and how christ perfects our humble offerings. It made me reflect on the last week differently. Christ is the master of the perfect harvest. And through me and other missionaries he is gathering the harvest in His perfect order, perfect timing, and perfect pace. I know this to be true, and I know that as long as I put forth my best labour, christ will perfect it for his eternal purposes. If only I could remember that in the moment, not just in hindsight. Haha
I love being here in Etobicoke. I've been here a while. And I will go anywhere the lord needs me to. But if that meant staying in etobicoke for another transfer I would be ok with that:)
I also love training. It's hard but I love it. I feel like I'm being stretched and it's so good, so hard and so fun. You know when you stretch after a long hike and you're muscles feel so tight and it hurts in the best possible way?? Yeah thats what training feels like and I love it.
Anywho... love ya all many bunches! Go give em Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
No comments:
Post a Comment