It's been a wild one! 😵💫🤪
Got transfer calls Monday night, my area in Etobicoke closed and I have been transferred to Kitchener Waterloo. The week leading up to transfers was crazy, with a lot to do because we had a baptism to plan for the sisters in the other Etobicoke area for our dear friend Abby, along with all the packing and regular missionary routine. I don't think I slept very much... but we're surviving 🥲.
Bye bye Gooch Ave! I LOVED Etobicoke and the people there, the Lord's work is rolling and He's gonna keep it rolling! Waterloo is gonna be fabulous and I already love the people here!
President Ballard and Elder Anderson from the quorum of the 12 apostles came to our mission and what a privilege it was to hear from both of them, learn from them, sit with them, BE THERE WITH THEM! Here are some president Ballard tid bits:
♡Love people, people are a wonderful thing!
♡You know the gospel, just go teach them what's in your heart
♡The secret best approach is whatever Heaven tells you to do
♡Never lose sight of Gethsemane
And then the conference ended and they walked out of the chapel and were gone... just like that! What a memory! BLESSINGS
I then found my new Companion, Sister Sattler who is an angel and is a transfer younger than me, and we drove 2 hours to Waterloo to find our apartment (which we only found because there was a pass along card taped to the door🤪).
In the three days I have been here I have met many a person who have proven to me just how small the world is. Including a member who was first introduced to the church IN MILK RIVER!!! His name is Douglas Chartrand, so if any of yalls know who that is... tell me!!! I introduced myself in sacrament meeting and when he heard that I was from that tiny town he lived in so long ago he knew he had to talk to me. So after church he gave us a call and we had the most tender conversation. He was just so floored that after all these years his conversion story has come full circle with me serving in his ward all the way in Waterloo Ontario.
I had the opportunity to watch Abby's baptism over zoom! And I am so proud of her and feel so humbled and blessed to have been a part of her journey! She is my little sister forever and always! So happy for her and her mom for coming and finding Home in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Lord's hand is really just holding everything together! On the first day of the transfer we spent a lot of time calling members of the ward council. Our Bishops wife called us after we reached out tp her, to invite us over to the church for dinner with them and their family. We shared a fun stripling warriors lesson with their kids and then asked who we should reach out to. They gave us the name of the Bender family so we texted them right away which was followed promptly with a dinner invitation for Sunday evening. So yesterday we drove out to this member dinner.
And friends, our Bishops wife was inspired to give us that name! This family NEEDED A VISIT! They live in Wellsley which is a very small town and they are the only members there. Brother Bender feels a lot of pressure as a convert. He feels like all eyes are on him because everyone knows he is a member and he doesn't feel like he represents the church well enough and that people are judging the church based on his actions.
I know the lord sends us where we are meant to be because that feeling bro Bender experiences is one I am well acquainted with having grown up in a small town as one of very few members. We had a very spirit led lesson and have arranged to visit them every other Sunday for dinner and a message with their kids.
When we were driving through the country side to visit this family, for the first time since coming out on a mission I felt like I was a lot less overwhelmingly small. The light of Christ is beaming from the Bender families household and I am so grateful to them.
The Lord knows his children he knows what his children need and he knows what his children feel. I am grateful to be serving in the kitchener waterloo ward with all of these members who I have already made so many "crazy small world" connections with.
Love ya all many bunches! Go give em Heaven!
Love
Sister Court
Weekly fridge phrases:
♡if you pick up the end of a stick you pick up the other. When you pick a path, you choose the place it leads to. -Elaine Cannon
♡do to do for others, love to love others, serve to serve others -my Papa bear
No comments:
Post a Comment