Happy Easter🌷🌸
I have to call myself out... I have been a little prideful this week, and not willing to let go of how sister court thinks missionary work needs to be happening and to submit to what the Lord needs to be happening right now. This has made for a very long and tiresome week.
At the beginning of this week I wrote in my journal that I wanted to find a way to pick up the work and find a pace with my companion to help us get into a groove. I also wrote that I wanted to talk to and she the JOY of the gospel with more people. In my head, all those things meant finding, finding, finding. I wanted to dive deep into the finding grind because that's what we did my first transfer to pick up the pace. But I realized this week after God knocked me over the head with a very solid 2x4 that the Etobicoke area is a completely different area than it was 3 transfers ago; which means there is another way to pick up the pace, talk to more people & share JOY.
I'm talking about member work. Which, now looking back @ this last week has been where we have seen the most success and felt the spirit strongest. We have 2 recent converts who need love & support, our friend Abby a beautiful 13 year old on date and her mom who has recently come back to church, and some other really amazing returning members who need visits. So why have we not been giving them more attention?!
Because I have been prideful... BUT I am repenting! I am putting my stubborn brain aside and listening to the spirit, and my blessed companion who said that she wanted to do more member work in our weekly planning (like literally a day after i wrote those things in my journal), but after that planning session I completely forgot about it, and proceeded to force us to go out on long finding expeditions that despite my determined (or rather stubborn) efforts were not fruitful, not joyful, not fun for anyone involved.
I called myself out and apologized to sis Hannant. She was right. I am thankful for her, for her being in tune with the spirit, and for the lessons I am learning from her. This coming week we are going to find those who need to be reached out to, and swarm around those who feel stuck. Funny because I literally gave that speal to Maren (shoutout to her!!!🗣📣) as some advice for her presentation on her wards mission plan.... guess I should take my own advice. I must be a Forsyth or something... #alwaysrightalwayshumble😐😶
I know there will be so many blessings and miracles that God will work through us for these people. I have faith that the elect and prepared are out there and they will be found in the Lord's due time and in His mysterious ways.
Love ya all many bunches, go give them Heaven !
Love,
Sister Court
Weekly Fridge Phrases:
♡Jesucristo Vive" -Ryan K. Olsen
♡"Send a knee mail" -some picture on a members fridge (SO AN ACTUAL FRIDGE PHRASE!!)
♡"Be prepared to catch the answers." -Sis. Meneguzzi
♡"Well nobody died did they?" -my grandma Kaye recounting something Ralph told her when she was in a tizzy over surgery
No comments:
Post a Comment