I have been taking the kids roller skating nearly every Friday for the past few months. We have fun every time. I love it because the kids can just run...or roll around for a couple of hours and work off all kinds of energy. For the longest time, Kymberly refused to wear her roller skates on her feet. Every week I would ask her if she wanted to put them on her feet and she would say no. What? you might ask, did she do with her roller skates? Well, she wore them on her hands of course.
Then one day in January, on the one and only day that Daniel came roller skating with us, Kymberly decided that she was ready to wear them on her feet. I was busy nursing James so Daddy helped her get them on and then took her hand and led her around the gym. Before too long she was scooting around on her own. Then what does she declare???? Daddy is the best rollerskating teacher EVER! Daddy beamed. I think she may have said a bazillion times "thank you daddy, for teaching me how to roller skate!"Since then Kymberly will tell everyone and anyone and frequently remind me that Daddy is the best rollerskating teacher. Daddy loves to hear it, so he'll often ask her "who is the best rollerskating teacher?" and Kymberly will answer with an enthusiastic "YOU ARE DADDY!". I don't have pictures because I didn't think to take the camera that day....who knew it would be such an eventful evening?
Fast forward to Valentines day. The girls decided that they wanted our family to exchange valentines cards. They have been busy all weekend making valentines cards for everybody. I too got in on the fun and made some valentines cards AND a pretty cool cake.
| These are pretty cool...don't ya think? |
But then daddy comes home with these
I mean....who can compete with shiny, helium balloons?? Once again Kymberly said thank you a bazillion times for her balloon. Kymberly did say "Thank you mom for my beautiful card"...and then all was forgotten because dad brought out his balloons.
In all honesty, I think it's great. It's nice for daddy to feel like he is the coolest.
No comments:
Post a Comment