![]() |
| Best friends |
| Don't you want to come try some of this?? |
Since having children I have experienced what my Uncle Scott calls the "candle effect". Let me explain. At some point in time I must have been 5'10" or at least close enough to round up to that height. That is the height that is recorded on my drivers license and I haven't changed the stats on my drivers license since I first got it when I was 19(oh, to be 5'10" and 150lbs again). Imagine my shock when we measured everybody on our new measuring wall when we moved to this house and I was only 5'8"...rounding up! At the same time that I have apparently been losing height, my feet have been growing. For the longest time my feet were a size 9, 9 1/2 or 10. With every child, with the exception of the last one, my feet have grown. I know have to scout out shoes in size 10, 10 1/2, or 11 depending on the type of shoe and brand. Just like a candle, I am slowly shrinking and melting into a pool of "feet" at my base...I can't tell you how happy this makes me.
I am a genius. You may already know this. Maybe you've already seen my geniusness in action. Or maybe you have seen the end results of my geniusness. I love to create things, specifically by sewing them. At times when I have completed a project and I stand back and look at it I can't help but say to myself "you are a GENIUS!", because it is seriously that good. Com'mon admit it, you have all had those moments with what ever it is that you do...and if you haven't...you really should give it a try. I like to believe that I have started a genius revolution here in Milk River area.There is a group of us that frequently share our geniusness with each other. I believe we are simply following President Uchtdorf's council.
I am a proud and passionate member of the Milk River Municipal Library board, Vice Chair to be exact. I have held this position for nearly a full year, but I don't feel like I have actually done anything valuable. That is until recently. You'll all have to come check us out in the summer time. If all goes according to plan, we will have updated and renovated our children's area and it is going to be FAB-U-LOUS! I can promise you this, because, I am also the one that has been planning and researching(it's been on my brain nearly 24/7 for the past month) and as you'll recall, I am a genius. Soon we'll be getting started on this fabulous transformation and it's going to be grand.
I had a sneaky suspicion that I would marry a certain somebody by the name of Dan Court, way back when we first became friends, long ago in grade 10. I spent a lot of time avoiding this and doing what was necessary to keep a safe distance. But there was just something about this boy that I couldn't get away from. We became good friends and hung out a lot. He had many other "girlfriends". We always remained friends. Then one day, about 7 years after we first became friends, he finally admitted to himself that I was cool enough to become his girlfriend and I admitted to myself that the arrangement would be safe and very likely to be a tonne of fun. We were both right, and after two years of dating, we "sealed" the deal and were married.
I married the first boy that I ever kissed. In fact he is the only boy that I have ever kissed. Not only that, but he is also the only boy that I ever dated. Sure I had been on a date here or there. But he was the only boy that I went "steady" with. He was enough. Twelve years(2 dating, almost 10 married) I am still kissing the same boy, who is now a man, MY man. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
So there you have it, seven random things about me. How about you? are you willing to share 7 things?




What a great list! Thanks for sharing Mandy, I knew I could count on you! :) I love the candle thing, hahaa, so funny! And I totally agree, you are a genius!
ReplyDelete