| The last of the onions. |
Friday, February 13, 2009
Fresh from my garden in February!
It is February 13th and we are still eating fresh carrots (never been frozen) from our garden.They are still crisp and tasty and not even growing yet.There is no need to ration them, in fact my only worry is that we might not be able to eat them all. So if you are having me over for dinner and you want me to bring something, it will likely have carrots in it.
I have 3 more onions, again crisp and not yet growing. We were eating fresh tomatoes well into December, and would have been able to make it through until January if I hadn't left them in my garage when it got really cold and they froze solid (they are in my freezer now waiting to be made into tomato sauce). I love gardening. I love eating vegetables from my garden in the middle of winter. It is very satisfying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
those look so Yummy!... Nena
ReplyDelete