Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's the simple things

I have been busy today finishing up some carseat covers. Tansley, my 3 nearly 4 year old found a discarded piece of material and asked if she could have it.
The scrap of material as she found it
The scrap of material as she found it.
 I told her that she could and off she went and I continued sewing. About a minute later she returned and asked if I could put some velcro on it to make a bib for her Fluffy. I have been know to say "When I am done doing what I am doing, then I will do what you want me to do." But today I chose differently. Maybe it was because I felt sorry for her because she has been sick all day with a headache(which I think is totally unfair for a 3 year old), fever and achy muscles. But I'd like to  think that it was because I am trying really hard to be a better mom. A more attentive mom. A more patient mom. A mom that just stops what she is doing and takes 30 seconds to sew a little piece of velcro on a scrap piece of material. So, I put the car seat cover aside, found some velcro a put a little piece on, and voila! A bib.
Tansley and her Fluffy(the cat) andYellow(the dog)
Tansley and her Fluffy(the cat) and Yellow(the dog)
Tansley was so thrilled, off she went to put it on her Fluffy and I started on the carseat cover again. A minute later she was back asking if I had another scrap of material to make a bib for her Yellow(she comes up with very creative names for her creatures). We found another piece of material and I made another bib. She told me how much she loved me, gave me a hug and headed upstairs to show her older sister, who then wanted me to make a couple of bibs for her creatures. Another few seconds and I had another child tickled pink. I am still not finished the carseat cover, but that's OK, I'll get back to it now that the kids are in bed. 

1 comment:

  1. It's the little things they'll remember too.
    Years from now one of your girls will more than likely say, "My mom always had time for us, no matter what she was doing."

    ReplyDelete