Thursday, February 19, 2009

Keeping Kathryn busy

Fancy pillows
Fancy Pillows
Kathryn has been out of school all week. She's been begging me all week for something to do. Yesterday we made pillows. She had seen some pillows like it at a store and had asked if I could make one for her
sometime. So when she was bugging me for a craft to do, I suggested that we look at my fabric box and see what there was to make a fancy pillow out of. She helped me lay out the fabric. I cut it out. she helped me pin it. And then I had her sit on my lap and push the foot pedal of my serger to put it all together. We made a pretty good team. She loves sewing, and I would have had her do it on her own little machine, but this fabric was more than her machine can handle. I had both Tansley and Kathryn pill the pillows with foam bits...what was messy. Kathryn helped me pin the opening closed and she did the hand stitching to finish it off. She did a pretty good job. This is how they turned out.
The Girls enjoying their new pillows
The girls enjoying their new pillows
Today, she's been bugging me again for something different to do. We went for a walk, went to the library and post office. But again, just while I was taking a moment to check my email and favorite blogs she's wanting to know if I have a craft for her to do. Both Kymberly and Tansley were napping. The first thing I see is this great idea on I never grew up. Kathryn loves taking pictures. For the past 4 summers she has documented our vacations with her own cheep film camera. So for Christmas we invested in a fairly inexpensive digital camera for her to use for such occasions. So I put her to work taking pictures with her camera. We start easy. I want her to go around the house or yard and take pictures of any thing she sees that starts with the letter 'P'. After she figured she had found everything she decided to start on the letter 'B'. We are going to work on putting them together after supper in a collage. We'll post therm when we are done. 

2 comments:

  1. I have a question--why P and B? And I assume you were the something pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no reason, just letters that she picked. And no, I was just the person, Tansley was the pretty one...but did you really look at that picture of me? it's awful :)

    ReplyDelete