Friday, March 28, 2008

Random Thoughts

Have you ever felt like you had something to say or something to write but had no idea what it was that you needed to say or write? So it is with me this afternoon. Maybe it is simply that I do not feel like doing the dishes that are cluttered on my kitchen counter. Or maybe that I don't feel like folding the laundry in my laundry room. Or maybe because I don't feel like cresting the 7 jerseys that I told my husband I'd have done by the end of the month,  nor do I feel like riding my bike for 30 minutes, even though I really want to loose this darn baby fat that has been gathering with each child I bare. So maybe I'm just using this as a way to avoid doing what I really should be doing, or maybe I really have something to say, and just can't figure out what that is. This is what my husband would call my babble. This feeling of having something to write and not quite knowing where to start is not all that new to me I've just neglected it or ignored it completely. There was a time when I was a habitual Journal writer and felt like writing in my journal but had what I thought was nothing to write about, so I babbled. More often than not, those babbling entries actually turned into something worth while. It may have taken a while to get there, but there I got.

I have recently been full of all kinds of emotions and feelings and thoughts and ideas. Since buying our new house and moving to Milk River these thoughts and feelings are at times overwhelming and continuous. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about how much I love it here, everything about it, and if I haven't yet thought the thought, somebody is bound to ask me how things are, if I like my house, if I like Milk River, if I like our new ward, etc. Just like that I'm full of all those thoughts and ideas and feelings and emotions. It's actually quite nice to feel so good, it certainly helped get me through the long days of basketball. Now that spring is here, the ideas are flourishing. I long for the nice days when I can be outside working in the yard. I love that stuff. I want to dig up my garden and plant some vegetables and go to the green house and buy some flowers to plant in my plentiful flower gardens. I want to sit in my yard by my fire pit at night and enjoy the sounds of the big owl I can often hear hooting at night (even with the windows shut) in chorus with all the other night sounds one can enjoy when not living in a city. The real only night sound I ever heard in Lethbridge was the sound of sirens from the firetrucks from the near by fire station.  Really, there could not have been as many fires or emergencies as there was exits from the fire station, if it were so, all of Lethbridge would be in ashes just from the three years that we lived in that house.

So that is it, my girls have moved from downstairs to the living room where I sit typing this. The silence is gone and the flow of my thoughts is interrupted. I had hoped for a little more time, a little more silence to let this need to write develop into a little more....But alas it has been brought to an abrupt halt.

Farewell until the next silent moment...whenever that might be.

1 comment:

  1. I also use my blog as a journal of sorts.  It helps me find all the GOOD that happens in my life, cause Lord knows - I don't want everyone in my life knowing all the BAD. 
    I babble often  ... too often.  But I find it eases my mind and lets me move from emotion to emotion with less drama. 

    ReplyDelete